2015 Lexus IS 250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Lexus IS 250:

2015 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Dec 182015

IS 250

Two weeks after buying the vehicle I began to notice that the driver's side door would often time take two or more tries to open with either pulling the door handle or using the keypad. The problem was intermittent in nature and my work schedule was busy so I dealt with it until the problem got significantly worse. The car got to the point in which on 11/27/2015 I recorded a video attempting to get into the vehicle to document my concern.I took the vehicle to the dealership on 11/28/2015 because I figured the issue required immediate attention and I was told that I needed an appointment of which the only convenient appointment was for the next week 12/5/2015. I spoke to andre my service advisor about the issue and left the vehicle for service. By 1 pm that Saturday I received a call from andre saying that the issue could not be recreated and that I would basically have to come to pick the vehicle up. I told him that I live in boca and had very limited time during the week. He said he would talk to a manager to basically get permission for the repair. The issue was diagnosed as a problem with stretching of the door cable assembly and it was replaced. The issue happened again yesterday and I again wanted to replicate the issue prior to complaining. This morning 12/18/2015 I attempted to open the vehicle and yet again the door would not open. I bought a brand new vehicle because I did not want to have issues of this nature. I know that even new vehicles have issues, but this issue has inconvenienced me severely.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA