2.9

2003 Lexus IS 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lexus IS 300:

2003 Lexus IS 300 Owner Comments

Sep 022014

IS 300

My car has 51000 miles on it and I'm told my alternator should be replaced. I took my car for one things and the dealership found 4 different issues which 2 of the issues I am aware of. Grant you all the parts in my car are the original parts. I service my car according to Lexus 25,000 - 75,000 miles services. How can I well kept and seldom drive vehicles have an alternator issue? on February 7, 2003, there was complaints of the (bulletin#:T10001308) cd becoming jammed in cd changer. Improvements were made to the Is 300 cd changer mechanism but I wasn't notified. I took my car to westside Lexus regarding an ongoing dashboard melting situation and cd player issue. Lexus finally agreed to replaced dashboard after 3 years and I am grateful but the cd changer jams now. If I haven't done my research I wouldn't know there was initial complaints regarding the cd changer. Over the month-to-month weird cd sound of tumbling then playing it progressively gotten worse. My 5- disc cd player will not play cds at all and sound Is cd tumbling around in the player. Westside Lexus stated I needed to replace the cd player at $500 and I should not have the issue at all. I should have been notified as soon as the issue was addressed. I shouldn't have to pay $500 for a 2003 issue.

- Houston, TX, USA