2006 Lexus IS 350 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 350:

2006 Lexus IS 350 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 082015

IS 350

My 2006 Is 250 71,000 miles has black spots and discolorations on my rear view mirror. It Is almost as if someone sprayed it with something that didn't come off, or peeled a sticker off, definitely it isn¿T clear and won't clean.part 571 < 571.110571.112 > subpart B - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards §571.111 standard no. 111; rearview mirrors. S1. scope. This standard specifies requirements for the performance and location of rearview mirrors. S2. purpose. The purpose of this standard Is to reduce the number of deaths and injuries that occur when the driver of a motor vehicle does not have a clear and reasonably unobstructed view to the rear.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 012016

IS 350

My dashboard Is melting at an extremely fast pace. I can barely see if the sun Is shining in my car the right way, dash and side panels are melting, called Lexus they won't do anything about it.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Jan 012016

IS 350

Large scale desilvering of the rear view mirror has lead to the appearance of black spots and loss of reflectivity. The significant loss of reflectivity has resulted in difficulty seeing objects in the rear view mirror and dangerous driving conditions, especially during lane change maneuvers. This has been a long-standing issue with an unknown start date (prior to the date given below). Additional research conducted by reviewing other NHTSA complaints for this model, and by searching other internet sites indicates that this is not an isolated issue, e.g. <>.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 192016

IS 350

Rear view mirror has black spots forming. It Is obstructing the view from the rear view mirror thus creating a potential safety hazard. Black spots are forming inside the mirror and not on the surface.

- Kahului, HI, USA

Jan 012016

IS 350

Rear view mirror has become discolored and non-uniform making it difficult to use reliably and it causes one to look too long to discern if cars are near, thus taking one's eyes off the road ahead.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 272014

IS 350

Back in Sept 2014, I notice a brown stripe in the rear view mirror, but I tough it was dirty, then after a few months it got worse, and now Is very difficult to see, I think it should be an investigation of this problem and a recall because there are many owners of this model with that problem. There Is no reason for a mirror to turn brown like that unless Is like 50 yrs old.

- Cooper City, FL, USA

Jul 042013

IS 350

Rearview mirror's reflective surface wearing off and turning black. Becoming increasingly difficult to see/use.

- Va, VA, USA

Jul 042013

IS 350

Dash (and pieces on doors made from same material) melt/crack/produce glare on windshield/windows during hot/sunny weather. Heat has severely degraded material quality; dash and door pieces easily dented/scratched/chipped.

- Va, VA, USA

Jan 012013

IS 350 6-cyl

My rear view mirror Is discolored and has black spots on it. It's a safety issue and it's difficult to see. I've told the dealer several times and they said it would cost over 800 to replace the part. I see many Lexus owners have the same issue and I believe its a default in the part. I don't think I should pay 800 to have it replaced.

- Miami Beach, FL, USA

Nov 032014

IS 350

The dashboard of my 2006 Lexus IS250 Is slowly melting and becoming sticky. Unfortunately as it has, deteriorated the dashboard really reflects the light, so much so that it becomes blinding at times. I have not treated my dash with any chemicals or cleaners this Is a known problem among Lexus owners, it just at times becomes very worrisome since the glare from the dash onto my windshield becomes blinding at times if the light hits it right.

- Ewing, NJ, USA

Dec 122012

IS 350 6-cyl

Dash has become very glossy and sticky causing a very bright glare on the windshield which is severely affecting visibility.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 212014

IS 350

The dashboard of the car is extremely sticky/shiny along with the tops of the door panels near the windows. When the sun is overhead shining down onto the dashboard in its melted shiny state it reflects a glare onto the inside of the windshield making it extremely difficult to see out of the car. Also I'm concerned about the function of the passenger side airbag with it being under this dash that has melted. Also if the dash is touched to add or remove a sunshield when parked it easily comes apart onto fingers/hands/clothes and leaves a sticky black residue. The residue makes it difficult to allow the steering wheel to slide through the hands while turning as it catches/releases easily. The car has been well taken care of and has been a southern California car for its entire life. Previous owner bought it in Colorado but lived in southern California. It was garage kept by them and is garage kept by us, the second owners. No protectants of any kind have ever been applied to the dash that may alter the composition of it. Only dusted off or wiped with a damp cloth when required. I've seen several other is vehicles with the same exact problem, many worse than mine. Dealer offered to fix for $3000 quoted price over the phone for labor/materials.

- Moorpark, CA, USA

Oct 012010

IS 350 6-cyl

I have had this dashboard problem with my car after the first year it was purchased from carmax. I saw a post online to where I can make a complaint about this and hopefully get it repaired. My dashboard has gotten to the point to where if I do not have sunglasses on, I can not see out of my windshield because of the glare that shines off of my dashboard. I can not clean it or wipe it off because it is so sticky. I find this very frustrating and very dangerous because I can not see the road during the day because the sun reflects so heavily off of this glue like substances that my dashboard has turned into. I am currently a student at a university and I was forced to buy a parking pass in a garage(which is twice the price of a regular parking pass) in order to not let my dashboard melt anymore than it already has. I am hoping that you guys can somehow push to make to make Toyota/Lexus fix this problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 192014

IS 350 6-cyl

The camshaft timing gear was replaced by jim fault Lexus was driving vehicle home and all the dash lit up and engine had no oil. Car hasn't run the same since then without oil needing to be replace 3.5 liters of oil every 300-500 miles so I'm really afraid to go anywhere in my vehicle. Need help! the consumer stated she started having problems with the engine after retrieving the vehicle from the dealer. There was a noise coming from the engine when it was cold and the check engine light illuminated several times, as well as the low oil light. The dealer informed the consumer, the piston rings were worn, but there were no oil leaks. Updated 12/03/14

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 192014

IS 350

I have a melting dashboard. The dashboard has been turning soft, gooey, and shiny over the years. If I reach for something on the dashboard a piece of the dashboard comes off with the slightest touch of my hand. The shine Is extremely dangerous in that it obstructs and distracts the view of the driver. A recall should be alerted to resolve this issue. I've contacted Lexus about this issue several times and I get no help from regarding the dashboard.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Sep 242013

IS 350 6-cyl

When I left my home for work, I of course used my door handle to pull the door shut. I didn't realize that my hand transferred the residue to the wheel. When I made my left turn, I expected my wheel to glide through my hand, as it normally does, when coming out of the corner. Instead, as the wheel slid through my hand it caught the sticky patch and kept my car in a left turn. There was a car immediately next to me but slightly behind me(both lanes make a left) and as I crossed into his lane (completely cutting him off) he slammed on the brakes and hit his horn.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Sep 012014

IS 350 6-cyl

The dashboard Is melting and Is so shiny when the sun or light hits the windshield it blinds you very very dangerous something must be done no one else should have to die before you guys force Toyota/ Lexus to recall and fix this problem !!!!!!

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Sep 012014

IS 350

The dashboard on my Lexus IS250 has started to literally melt. It Is very sticky to the touch and very shiny. The shininess causes a very serious glare on my front windshield which can blind the driver.

- Leicester, NC, USA

Aug 182012

IS 350

Rear view mirror on my 2006 Lexus IS350 has horrible visibility. It Is not damaged on the surface. The surface Is smooth and clean, however there are multiple spots where visibility Is not available.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jul 012010

IS 350

I have made a complaint with the Lexus dealership after the many recalls they have had on my car. My biggest concern is my melting dashboard and the hazardous glare and film it omits on my windshield. It has proven to be very dangerous as I work and live in Florida. As a mother of two teenage daughters trying to teach them to drive in my car has proven very difficult and dangerous, let alone my daily driving. I have asked that Toyota/Lexus steps up as this is not a cosmetic fault but a dangerous and an accident waiting to happen. And I don't want it to be my family! as in medical terms, they need to think of a preventative measure. I know I am not alone on this battle and want to see the manufacturer step up and make this one of the many recalls they have had on my vehicle as well as the others suffering with this same dangerous situation. Tired of putting my family and myself at jeopardy!

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA