2.8

2006 Lexus IS 350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 350:

2006 Lexus IS 350 Owner Comments

Jul 012015

IS 350

Dashboard and door panels are liquefying. The melting dashboard Is creating a haze on the windshield that's obtrusive for safe driving. The door panels are cracking every where.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jun 012010

IS 350

It has severe deterioration on the inside door and cab panels caused by a material used by Lexus that under extreme heat waves like the one's we experienced in South Florida, makes the surface of this material soft to the touch, rubbery typed, staining anything it comes in contact with.

- Miami-Dade, FL, USA

Aug 012014

IS 350

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 350. The contact stated that the dashboard melted, fractured, and produced a glare during sunny weather conditions. The failure recurred each time the vehicle was driven on a sunny day. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the dashboard was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 132013

IS 350 6-cyl

I have a Lexus is and the dash and the side door panels get molten or sticky. This causes severe safety issues since I am not sure of the chemicals that are emitted and if they are carcinogenic. Kids get this all over them and its hard to get this sticky material from their hands. I am not sure if this material is poisonous.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 022012

IS 350 6-cyl

After spending lots of money on Lexus I didn't expect for it to be melting. The whole dashboard and side panels are turning sticky and melting. When I touch it my fingers turn black and sticky. Its also hard to see when the sun shines directly on the car because the dash reflects the sun from the windshield.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Jul 202011

IS 350 6-cyl

When I touched the dashboard it was melting. Also any little touch to door panels marks it. Pieces are falling off as well every time I get into the car. It's ridiculous it's a Lexus! please help.

- Margate, FL, USA

Jun 072014

IS 350

Dash board is shiny and sticky causing glare on windshield causing distraction to drive. Lexus had a recall on tsb for vehicles with 50K warranty back in 2011. Wear does not start showing till after 50K mark. Noticeable previously but it's getting more noticeable to the point where it's distraction visibility.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Apr 012013

IS 350 6-cyl

I bought this vehicle used from a dealership in miami, fl. The first couple of weeks I noticed the driver and passenger door panels were getting scratched by simply touching them. A couple of weeks after that, the dashboard on the vehicle started to "melt" and became very sticky. Also by simply touching the dashboard, it become/becomes scratched and pieces come out when touched with fingernails. Sometimes it Is difficult/impossible to see when the sun Is out because it creates a huge glare due to the dash melting. This problem has been getting worst as time passes. I contacted the dealer regarding the problem and they told me they were aware of it but I would have to pay the labor and dash cost if I wanted the problem to go away, est cost: $1200. The same problems are on driver, passenger and backseat door panels.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Mar 122014

IS 350 6-cyl

Dashboard starting to melt/crack and emit strong odor.

- Foster Citu, CA, USA

Jun 052013

IS 350 6-cyl

My 2006 Lexus Is 350 has a defective, melting dash panel that reflects a glare onto the windshield. This is a safety concern as it impairs my vision to see clearly while driving. Newer 2008-up models are made with different material & design and don't have this issue. When I called Lexus customer service to complain of the melting dash to ask for a new dash panel they denied my request because I was out of warranty and would have to pay out of pocket. Lexus is ignoring owners with models manufactured before the newly redesigned dash & door panels. Lexus knows this is an ongoing issue as they have even released a tsib(L-sb-0144-11). Not only is the dash defective but the door panels get sticky and marks easily with barely a touch. I was afraid to touch the dash & door panels for the fear of accidentally damaging it. I even bought a sunshade cover to prevent the dash from getting hot, however whenever I took off the sunshade I inevitably scraped the soft, brittle dash. This is also a safety hazard as all of these accidental damages lowers the car value. This is becoming a widespread issue as it is very common on online forums like clublexus.com and myis.com. I actually got the idea to submit this inquiry from another 06-08 is 250 owner who went through NHTSA. I believe the dash panel is a safety hazard in that the shiny glare from the windshield makes it dangerous for me to drive endangering my life and others on the road. I also wish to have new door panels from the newly designed model's door panels as these nuisances can significantly depreciate the car's value.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Jun 302013

IS 350

The contact owns 2006 Lexus Is 350. The contact stated that the dashboard near the windshield and all of the door panels have melted. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 75000.

- Alpharetta , GA, USA

May 012013

IS 350

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus IS250. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side door panels, and the dashboard had melted and became sticky. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who advised that the door panels and the dash board needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure and current mileage was. 22,000.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA