2007 Lexus IS 350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus IS 350:

2007 Lexus IS 350 Owner Comments

Jun 012012

IS 350

Melting dashboard reflect sunlight on windshield which Is blinding at times. Also melting doors stain and ruin clothes. Vsc sensors also stay on even after dealership "repair" they recommend replacing transmission @$5K but no guarantee problem will be solved.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 182013

IS 350 6-cyl

Dashboard has melted with a liquid appearance. When the sun Is high in the sky, a reflection causes a severe glare on the windshield. Often it Is necessary to move my head over around the glare to see whats directly in front. The dealer so far has just stated we should get the dash replaced at our expense, but this does not seem like something that should have to be replaced on a luxury car after only 5 or 6 years. We may be forced to do this to keep the car safe. We have heard there are some class action lawsuits starting in some states. We may be interested in participating in one of these to get the dash replaced.

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Jan 112011

IS 350 6-cyl

This is the first brand new car I've ever purchased and keep it in a garage during the day since I have to drive a work vehicle between daytime hours. The garage is not air condition but does not get extremely hot. The soft rubber interior has deteriorated and gotten very sticky and brittle. It can be rubbed away with a quick swipe of your finger. Its affecting my driver side interior door trim panel at the grab handle. Its constantly falling apart and getting gummy residue on my hands. This is the only issue with this car and its not fair to us customers because this is a very evident manufacturer defect. I never received a notice or was informed of any action they would provide for this flaw.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

May 012013

IS 350 6-cyl

Dash board melting and door panels getting soft. The dash reflects the sun from the windshield and it causes this reflection so it sometimes becomes hard to see.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jun 022014

IS 350 6-cyl

The side panels and dashboard were melting away and falling in pieces. I contacted the dealer and after a long fight, they said that Lexus agreed to replace to defective parts, even out of warranty but I have to pay labour for over $ $1000

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012014

IS 350 6-cyl

Dashboard is sticky and shiny, I complained to the dealership but they did not repair the defect. Dealership stated they have seen many of the same model vehicle with the same problem, but Lexus has not issued a recall. I feel this material is hazardous as it makes driving difficult since it causes a strong glare.

- Rio Linda, CA, USA

Mar 042014

IS 350 6-cyl

My dash board became sticky and I was unable to Fiat my windshield program. I contacted Lexus and they said the neighborhood of a recall. I looked on the internet and there was plenty of recalls. They replaced my dashboard for me but charge me approximately $500 to do that. They said the car was out of warranty it was a good-faith response. I found the article on abc news in tampa June 14, 2014 the reporter indicated that there's been several problems with Lexus Nissan cars that have had this sticky dashboard. I know Lexus new about it because was all over the internet. They refused to acknowledge it. But I had to pay out-of-pocket and order to be able to drive my car to work. I think this Is terrible. They knew about the dashboards. I also have stickiness on the left panel of my car starting to begin. I'm afraid to take that in also my coffee million dollars to get that fixed. It's so sad they knew of this problem.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 052012

IS 350

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus Is 350. The contact stated that the plastic components of the door panels and dashboard began to slowly melt over the course of time, exposing a shiny coat that blinded the contact when the sunlight would reflect from the coating. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the door panels and the dashboard would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 59,000 and the current mileage was 63,957.

- Orlando, FL, USA