2012 Lexus IS F engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lexus IS F:

2012 Lexus IS F Owner Comments

Jul 172015

When exiting a drive through car wash (vehicle in N) told to drive out. I put it in drive, begin to depress gas pedal, it jams down, I peel out towards a concrete jersey wall, hit it with the front passenger side corner front, bumper and front wheel...then the back wheel, still 1/2 donut, end up facing back in direction I just traveled from..only stopped when I hit the on/off button. I've driven for 35+ years 9 of which I had a cdl and drove professionally for fedex and never had an accident..I've driven variety of cars and trucks..never had a problem with confusing gas pedal and brake pedal....looking at 4500+ repair bill 9 days of rental.. and now scared to drive it... floor mats were secured, no additional mats on top of secured one, flat bottom shoes, no talking/texting on the phone at time of accident.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

May 152013

My Lexus 2012 Is 250 accelerated on its own, brakes did not engage after depressing them X2, and then I crashed into a truck. Air bag did not deploy. Reported to Lexus who assumed no responsibility for incident. Third party inspected car and downloaded black box. Report from Lexus stated that car was drive able and no issues were found. Car incurred $18,000 in damages and was not drivable at the time of inspection. Witnesses at collision shop will validate such. When speaking to representatives at Lexus to report incident I was told by 2 reps on 2 occasions that this has happened to other vehicles that were the same make and model. Disturbing

- San Diego, CA, USA