5.7

2009 Lexus LX 570 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lexus LX 570:

2009 Lexus LX 570 Owner Comments

Aug 152010

LX 570

My 9 year old son nearly strangled in front of his sister and twin siblings (5 years old) when the middle seat belt of the third row got tangled around his neck. This seatbelt hangs from the ceiling. I could not dislodge the belt from around his neck, as it was not obvious how to disengage the ceiling latch. We were very fortunate to stop a passing car, retrieve a pair of scissors and cut the belt to free my son. He was on the verge of passing out from lack of oxygen. The paramedics took him the to the er, where they detected a rash around his face and neck that is common with strangulation. He was badly traumatized, along with the rest of us. I reported the incident to Lexus and followed up numerous times. Each time they advised me that they were investigating the incident and would get back to me. They never did despite more than 6 efforts to speak with someone.

- Ny, NY, USA