2008 Lexus RX400H brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus RX400H:

2008 Lexus RX400H Owner Comments

Feb 032016

RX400H

While attempting to back into a parking space, accelerator stuck in down position, brakes locked up, engine accelerated to very fast rate, steering would not respond resulting in my car slamming into front end of car parked behind me at a high rate of speed. My car then accelerated forward continuing at a very high rate of speed across parking lot and hitting another car broadside which finally stopped my car. My car was a total loss as deemed by my insurance company.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Aug 012015

RX400H

The contact owns a 2008 Lexus Rx400H. While driving at approximately 5 mph and attempting to park, the brake pedal was depressed but the brakes failed to respond. As a result, the vehicle drove over a curb and crashed into trees and bushes. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- West Lynn, OR, USA

Jul 222012

RX400H 6-cyl

I recently purchased (07/17/12) a 2008 used Rx400H, I quickly noticed that while braking if the road has any bumps or unevenness the vehicle surges forward during the braking process and then resumes braking after the surge. This happens consistently when there are any bumps in the pavement. This is very frightening as it could easily cause an accident since the braking is interrupted and the car actually accelerates when it should be slowing down! I haven't driven it in the winter yet but I am already concerned and upset that this car that I purchased because of the high safety ratings on the NHTSA site now turns out to be potentially very unsafe.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA