1.3

2008 Lexus RX400H drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus RX400H:

2008 Lexus RX400H Owner Comments

Jun 132016

RX400H

After my previous complaint of experiencing transmission shudders, the car became progressively worse. I had it taken to the local dealer, where they informed me that the transmission had failed. This car has only 136,000 miles, which is not many for the quality usually associated with the Lexus brand. They claim to have no reason for the failure, but are charging me almost $5,700 to replace it. I asked Lexus corporate to assist me with this repair, due to the known transmission issues on many Rx models, but they declined. The vehicle almost died on me in the middle of the highway on several occasions while experiencing these transmission shudders, which could have led to a bad accident. I think this is ridiculous and shows poor quality in their manufacturing.

- Morristown, TN, USA