2001 Lexus RX 300 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lexus RX 300:

2001 Lexus RX 300 Owner Comments

May 052014

RX 300 6-cyl

I took the vehicle to the Lexus dealer when purchase. I told the repair person that there was a noise/roaring coming from the front of the vehicle and I was told that it was the suspension not to worry about it. For this inspection I paid over $300. Now the noise is back and it is much louder and it is constant.from 45mph and higher.the noise occurs when I am driving straight and when I turn to the right.when turning to the left the noise stops. I sound like the noise is coming from the steering column mechanism. The vehicle has been well maintained.please note that this my complaint.

- Berkeley Springs, WV, USA

Dec 142012

RX 300 6-cyl

I have just sat and read probably 50 complaints; safety and defective, concerning the transmission for the 2001 Lexus RX300. From what im reading, I guess I should consider myself lucky, I currently have 142,000 miles on my vehicle and although I've experienced non-periodic shifting abnormalities, I haven't experienced any of the horrific problems I've been reading in the NHTSA complaint section of this site. It is obvious there is a manufacturing defect that needs to be addressed before someone (if not already) is mangled or worst, killed. It astonishes me that a company that survives by there reputation for quality would not address what is obviously a serious and costly burden to there loyal customers. We are talking about a 35,000 dollar vehicle in 2001. Apparently Lexus is not planning on resolving the issue, so what can consumers do other than complain which obviously is doing nothing to force big business to take responsibility for there poor design that resulted in unsafe costly products, leaving the consumer powerless, with no option but to pay them again to fix the problem they created in the first place.

- Johnson City, TN, USA