6.7

$3,600.00

1. replace transmission (3 reports)
2001 Lexus RX 300 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lexus RX 300:

2001 Lexus RX 300 Owner Comments

Dec 102015

RX 300 LTD

Transmission failed at 14500 miles and cost me $3,000. to replace it. This must be a defect as others have had the same issue. I am really shocked as I have always sung praises about Toyota and how good their work is their auto's normally last forever and need few if any repairs. I would have felt better if Toyota had done a recall to replace the Transmission with original parts. The SUV is running but I do not have the confidence I did have in driving it. I feel that the replacement Transmission is not as good as the original. As I never received any word from Toyota it has made me rethink purchasing another Lexus.

- , Surprise, AZ, USA

Sep 222015

RX 300 RX V6

The problem with my car was a big problem. Almost get a big crash. It is my only car. Please, I need Lexus to help me on this problem.

- , Coral Gables, FL, USA

Apr 022014

RX 300 LX V6

After this happened to me I've found numerous threads complaining about 2001 RX300 transmissions going out, transmission goes out at right about 100k miles. It seems to be a very common problem for this year, make and model. Please, before you purchase it, do some research on the transmissions!

- , Kent, Wa, USA