3.2

2004 Lexus RX 330 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lexus RX 330:

2004 Lexus RX 330 Owner Comments

Jun 012010

RX 330

Dashboard completely cracking all over. Front lights fogged over, cannot drive car at night time due to this due to safety hazard.

- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA

Sep 052015

RX 330

Lexus currently has a so called warranty enhancement notification -zlb headlamp replacemeents. They don't want to replace my headlights even though the do leak water during a rain storm. There are water streaks on the inside which hamper lighting output. It is dangerous. Why did they send me this if is was not important?

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 012013

RX 330

My 2004 Lexus RX330's exterior lights have always leaked. Front and back but the front is the worst. This now to the point that the headlights are so poor that I have been advised not to drive at night. Lexus will not correct this issue unless you pay them a whopping $400 + per unit! no thank you! I soon hope to purchase something not made by Lexus!

- Lexington, SC, USA

Jul 012008

RX 330 6-cyl

My car has a problem with excess moisture and condensation in the headlight housing. It has continued to worsen for the past several years. Lexus refused to recognize this problem as its responsibility until December, 2013 when it issued a warranty enhancement to all Lexus rx owners that had this problem. That notice indicated that parts were being manufactured and would be available by may, 2014. My car was inspected and was advised the repair would be made as soon as the parts were available. In early July I contacted my dealer (cherry hill Lexus) who referred me to Lexus corporate. I was advised by Lexus corporate that parts would be available to fix the problem by the end of July. Now, 8 months after the warranty enhancement was announced, parts are still not available to fix the problem. The dealer says contact Lexus and Lexus says contact the dealer; the run-A-round is getting a little old. The serious nature of this problem was recognized by a us federal judge in ho V. Toyota, the court said in the instant matter, the court finds that plaintiffs successfully showed that the alleged defect posed a genuine safety risk because a headlamp flickering or going out at night or in inclement weather could put the car's driver in danger. A reasonable consumer would consider this risk material because of the inherent risks of physical injury in the event of a headlamp-related accident, or the costs associated with continually repairing problematic headlamps. Lexuses enhanced warranty followed the issuance of the court's above opinion. My car has the same type of problem as discussed in the opinion. Any help you could provide in having this needed repair would be appreciated.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Jul 232012

RX 330 6-cyl

Defects in headlamp assembly caused water from rain to accumulate inside the lamp, overtime, the water caused the hi-voltage unit to short out and the headlamp is in-operative (this is for the low beam hid lights). Replacement cost is $1,800 per lamp assembly (dealers quote). This is a safety issue since the low beam is not available for driving at night.

- Lexington Park, MD, USA

May 052013

RX 330 6-cyl

Severe condensation build-up in passenger side headlight.

- Fountain Inn, SC, USA

Nov 172012

RX 330 6-cyl

My left headlight went out while driving and I found water and condensation in headlight assembly compartment. Entire compartment needs to be replaced at cost of $1650. In researching this make and model has other consumers experiencing the same issue. I believe this is manufacturer defect that has caused seals to malfunction allowing excessive water into the light compartment which causes all electrical components to fail.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 202012

RX 330 6-cyl

After a rain storm, my driver side headlight was filled with water and the light does not turn on. The Lexus dealer quoted me price of $1566.23 to replace. I learned of a class action lawsuit against Toyota for failure to address this wide scale problem. Please include my complaint in this matter.

- Willingboro, NJ, USA

Dec 202011

RX 330

Like many other people, I am complaining about the headlight condensation on my Lexus RX330. The passenger seat headlight fogs up so that it is very cloudy. This affects the quality of the light beam at night as it makes the light dimmer. I've asked Lexus to fix this problem and they quoted me close to $2000 for something that really should be a safety recall. I am not the only person experiencing this problem. I've done some research and found that there is currently a lawsuit going on about this problem. This problem needs to be fixed immediately.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Apr 052011

RX 330

I purchased a used Lexus 2004 rx 330 from a Lexus dealership and a 4 months after I noticed a large amount of condensation in the drivers front headlight1 month later while driving at night the 1 headlight went out completely and I discovered a technical service bulletin issued from Lexus but no recall. This is clearly a widespread problem and a safety issue, Toyota has yet to fix they want me to pay $500 out of a $1800 repair!

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Mar 092011

RX 330 6-cyl

2004 Lexus RX330 AWD SUV. Massive water condensation in the driver side of the headlight assembly. Car milage is about 45K.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Head lights water ingress, light failure

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jul 042006

RX 330

: the contact stated that the exterior headlights would not illuminate far enough while driving in the evening at a speed of 70 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealers who adjusted the headlights but were unable to determine the cause of the problem. The vehicle is still experiencing the same problems.

- Muskogee, OK, USA