1.3

2006 Lexus RX 330 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus RX 330:

2006 Lexus RX 330 Owner Comments

Feb 132016

RX 330

When depressing the remote or manually opening the rear lift gate sometimes the rear lift gate (door) will start to close automatically and it can only be stopped by pressing the remote or button on lift gate or applying large amount of pressure to hold door open. Twice a person has been in the line of fire and had to jump out of way when placing an item in the rear of the car. On another time the lift gate hit a person in the head when they did not get out of the way fast enough. The Lexus dealer has checked the auto closure system and replaced battery in remote and find nothing wrong. The problem still continues once in a while. This is very dangerous and a person could get pinned in the lift gate.

- Forest, VA, USA

May 062015

RX 330 6-cyl

Came to a stop with my wheels slightly turned to the left. I turned my car off, and took my key out of the ignition. When I tried to restart my car with the key in the ignition, it would not turn on. I called the dealer in bellevue and they said that it might be just stuck so turn the wheel hard to the left and see if that would relieve the pressure and the key might turn. No luck wiggled and wiggled and all it did was lock my steering in that place so now the wheel would only turn about a inch. I called another dealer in fife and he said about the same thing, keep wiggling it and maybe rock the car, did nothing. I turned the key and pressed hard and must have pushed in the unlock button and down went my windows and my sunroof opened great. Now I could not get the windows up or unlock my steering. I called three dealers and they wanted to replace the ignition switch, but I would have to have the car towed in. I called a lock smith an they said to try some lubrication in the ignition. Ok I used some WD40 and it worked. I could turn the ignition key and up went my windows and my car started. I might check into getting the steering replaced. I will check on the recalls online their seams to be lots of problems.

- Kent, WA, USA