2007 Lexus RX 350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus RX 350:

2007 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Jan 142010

RX 350

Since purchasing my 2007 RX350 Lexus, I have had multiple instances where, upon attempting to accelerate with foot on gas pedal, there is a hesitation, followed by a lurch/and or uncontrolled acceleration. These episodes have only lasted a few seconds, and have seem to remedy by removing foot from gas pedal, or applying pressure to gas pedal. Although, I have not had a situation where the car is "out of control" and have not had any accident, these episodes are scary. I reported this behavior to my Lexus dealer within a few weeks of ownership. They tested it and deemed the car safe to drive. It is not my experience that these instances are caused by the pedal getting caught on the carpet, or by a "sticky" pedal as described by the dealership on models currently recalled. I have notified my dealer, again, of the situation in hopes that this will gain wider attention, and Toyota will make the repairs needed to remedy the problem. I am personally aware of at least on fatality of someone driving the exact same model as my car. I do not want to wind up like him. Please investigate this situation further.

- Mill Valley, CA, USA