2007 Lexus RX 350 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus RX 350:

2007 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Jul 012016

RX 350

Lexus dealer has confirmed that the dashboard will be replaced under warranty. But dealer has not replaced the dashboard in a year and will not provide an indication of when it will be replaced. During the year the warranty hasn't been resolved, the dashboard has gone from cracked, to now having pieces falling off. When it happens while driving, it presents a distraction to the driver, resulting in a safety issue. In response to a question to the Lexus dealer when this might get resolved, dealer indicated that the same problem applies to many people who are in the same situation and they cannot say when it will get resolved. Dealer said it is not a dealer issue, but a Lexus issue. Dealer says that Lexus will not send them the replacement dashboards and without them, the dealer can do nothing. In the meantime, the dealer acknowledged that there are many people not getting any resolution, even though Lexus acknowledges that this is a warranty issue. The dealer suggested that all of those with the warranty issue should band together to "pressure" Lexus to be more responsive because the dealer cannot.

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Feb 172007

RX 350

Melting of the rubber handle of the rear lift door. The handle is extremely sticky like tar which transfers to your hand when you open the door by hand. Unknown if this is due to electrical problem with the handle or hot weather. Noticed this several years ago while traveling and found the black tar like substance on my hand. This vehicle was parked on the driveway when this problem apparently took place or just over time of being outside. For the date that this happened below I have used the date of purchase for there is no exact date that I discovered this problem. I can only estimate that it has been several years or more.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Oct 202015

RX 350

My car has been mostly stationary and kept in my garage for 3 years. This year I experienced the dashboard and ignition area melting and cracking. I feel it may affect the functionality of the airbag. Also, I do not know if there may be some sort of chemical release that is not healthy to me or my passengers. Visibility is also a problem since there is a severe glare from the dash on to my windshield.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

May 162015

RX 350

When I drive at above 60 mph, there is a rattling sound. I took it to the dealership and they are unable to pinpoint the issue even after removing the roofrack, the roof insulation and tightening all the bolts. I have found numerous postings online but Lexus still refuses to let us know the issue. Please help! it is very concerning that a loose part might cause major accident or event death. forums.edmunds.com/discussion/7588/Lexus/rx-350/Lexus-rx-350-rattles us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/67986-2010-rx-350-has-noisy-interior-rattles/ community.cartalk.com/discussion/2117891/rx-350-Lexus-rattling-noise see photo. www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-second-generation/337671-annoying-clattering-noise-above-left-ear-of-driver.html

- Danville, CA, USA

Jan 022012

RX 350 6-cyl

Dashboard has severe cracking all over the entire dashboard, especially over the glove box. I am concerned if the integrity of the airbags might be affected due to this cracking. These cracks are not the result of heat, they are obviously a defect in the part which Lexus is not taking responsibility for. Based on research, I am not the only Lexus owner experiencing this problem.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jun 012013

RX 350 6-cyl

My wife parked the cat in garage around 8 pm 5/31/13.she came inside the house and told there is smell of tar. I went and smelled but did not see anything. I thought she must have driven over asphalt. On 6/1/13 I came back from workout and decided to put the car in driveway found pool of fluid on floor below the front passenger side. Moved the car and check what it is, smell like engine oil. I towed the car to pep boys. After examining the car they found oil is leaking underneath of engine and mentioned to me some kind of tube is leaking. Underneath of engine block. They suggested to take to a dealer. I towed the car again to redlands Toyota, redlands, ca 92373. After hearing the problem he said it is similar to a Camry problem which was recalled. He mentioned the V6 engine of Lexus rx 350 and Camry are similar. He checked Lexus recall history, it was not recalled on 6/3/13 he called me and informed that vvti oil line have a pinhole causing oil leak. He also reported as a result of oil leak drive belt is all oily I had to go thru hassel, loss of transportation and mental agony not knowing what happening I did research and found rubber vvti is prone to be leak (2007-2011) and. Lexus re[laced that piece with metal. I contacted Lexus customers service, they will not accept Toyota's finding. I had to take it to Lexus dealer. What a waste of time, gas, and unnecessary hassel.....

- Loma Linda, CA, USA

Jan 132011

RX 350

I had pushed the button to open the rear door on the unit. I began loading items in the rear when the door came down striking me in the head. The door continued to lower after hitting me the door has opened by the button and then closed by itself on previous occasions. No one was injured from previous closings.

- Portland, ME, USA

Oct 032006

RX 350

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus RX350. The contact stated that she noticed a strange odor that made her sick. The dealer sprayed the vehicle with a cosmoline spray (which the contact stated was toxic). The dealer also tried a cleaning spray which did not remedy the problem. The contact stated that the odor worsened and caused long-term health problems. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was 14. Updated 2/15/2011 updated 11/30/2011

- Aspen, CO, USA