2008 Lexus RX 350 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus RX 350:

2008 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

May 222015

RX 350

The drivers side headlight, has consistently filled up with water, via washing the car, raining, etc., causing it to fog up. This is ridiculous, and to go get it fixed, they want an arm and a let, the car is in beautiful condition, why not honor this by fixing it, you've had other complaints! my daughter just purchased a 2015, this is our 3rd Lexus, we love the cars, now why don't you fix what is wrong, I can't go around with a headlight that is not damaged and I've been told by Lexus, "ah yes, we've had complaints but that's the way it goes?", keep it up, I'll buy a different car next time! and so will family members!

- Pataskala, OH, USA

Aug 172014

RX 350 6-cyl

My headlights kept going of and on at certain points, now at night I have no low beam, it appears to have moisture inside the lens and the lens on all of the headlights are very foggy looking. They look like they are 20 years old. When taken to the dealer ira Lexus in bedord nh, they said it is not under warranty even though I have a letter from Lexus describing exactly how my lights are working or should I say not working. I realized the problem when I was stopped and issued a warning for having a headlight burned out. Lexus is trying to blame it on a ballister which they want $900 to replace. I say it is what is in the letter that is causing this. I feel they are just trying to charge me $900 for something that should be taken care of by Lexus. I have owned Lexus vehicle for years as well as many family members and it does seem like if you have an issue it is never under warranty or if it is, then something else caused it to happen. It is so hard to see at night and I feel this is a huge safety issue that should be taken care of by them or at least offer and affordable resolution not over $900 for a single headlight, which actually could cause the other headlight to go. What would happen with the other headlights in the future. I am getting so disappointed with Lexus, sad to say this may be my last Lexus vehicle. I have owned this vehicle since August 2009.

- Dracut, MA, USA

Nov 262013

RX 350

Head light gather water which causes dim head lighting. Coiled go out at anytime while driving. Lots of condensation on the hid headlights.

- Fort Scott, KS, USA

Oct 232013

RX 350

I have a Lexus RX350 2008 with moisture in the passenger side headlight, no more warranty (55,000) and is blocking the light, went to the dealer and cost too much to repair.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Nov 012012

RX 350 6-cyl Diesel

Moisture/condensation in headlamp due to manufacture defect( known for several years by Toyota). Dealer claims not under warranty (cosmetic). It is a hazard as whole system can fail at any time (night) many complaints filed and no action to correct the problem by Toyota. It is my understanding that only a Lexus/Toyota dealer can install replacements at a high cost to consumer ( $1500 ). the moisture buildup is presently on the drivers side, however when the other fails...and how many times this may happen without a true "fix".

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 022008

RX 350

Rear back up lights don't seem bright, cant see very well when backing up at night. Could be a potential incident in the future.

- Ilion, NY, USA