2009 Lexus RX 350 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lexus RX 350:

2009 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Sep 092009

RX 350

The contact owns a 2009 Lexus RX350. The contact stated while driving into traffic and slowing down, then moving again at about 2mph, the transmission does not shift into the right gear, it lurches and sputters. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where they ran a diagnostic test. They informed her there was nothing wrong with the transmission and that was the design of the vehicle. Also, it is the electronic transmission that tries to anticipate what the driver of the vehicle should do next because it is thinking for you. The manufacturer was also called and stated there was nothing that could be done and that was the design of the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- East Hampstead, NH, USA

Oct 222009

RX 350

My 2009 Lexus SUV took off on its own out of a driveway while I was trying to back out. I put the car in reverse, and the engine begin to rev and then the car was uncontrollable. It accelerated out the driveway, across the street, into a yard, and finally stopped when it hit a huge tree. The car was totaled.

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

Dec 022008

RX 350

Upon taking delivery of new RX350 I immediately noticed a transmission whine. I feel it is a safety factor because I am constantly thinking of the problem as I drive. My mind is not on driving as it should be. I immediately went back to dealer and shop foreman drove the car and heard the noise. He said don't worry as I have a warranty. This is not a viable answer to my problem. What if I break down in the middle of nowhere. Talked with sales manager and he stated wait until the 2010 model comes out. He would not do anything.

- Glendale, CA, USA