NHTSA — Power Train Problems

2013 Lexus RX 350 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lexus RX 350:

2013 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Dec 032016

RX 350

Takata recall. I bought this SUV just about year ago with 61K miles on it and now it have about 71K which means I only drove it for 10K miles kept it like a baby and the transmission busted and parts fell out have two big holes. I really need help.Lexus dealership wont cover it because they are saying I dont have warranty on it. I bought this SUV for $35K. How can a dealer sell you a car with bad transmission. I have no where to go.

- Newington, CT, USA

Nov 192012

RX 350 6-cyl

I was driving on I-59 North with wife as passenger with radar cruise control set at 70 mph approaching departure exit. I tapped the brake pedal to release the cc and it did not release. Thinking I had not tapped it hard enough, I made the turn and tapped the brake pedal harder. The cc did not release. I applied the brakes with full force. The engine raced to satisfy the cc and the speed was 69 mph going into the exit. My Focus was steering the vehicle to avoid objects and traffic. We crashed across a four lane concrete curbed boulevard and into a chain-link fence. I steered down a frontage road and brought the vehicle to a stop. This was a 30 second + event. The black box captured 9.5 seconds of information. Lexus downloaded the black box and I requested a copy of the information which they did furnish on a thumb drive. They immediately erased all evidence of the crash from the vehicle data recorder and proclaimed there were no problems with the vehicle. The thumb drive data clearly displays that the car was traveling 69 mph on the data recorder. It also shows that the cc dropped out during the crash. I received a letter from Toyota legal in torrance, ca, indicating that their review of the vehicle found nothing wrong with it and the case was closed. The body shop repairs were $16K plus the depreciated value of the vehicle is $11K. Nalley Lexus galleria, smyrna, ga, where the vehicle was purchased, defers all communications to Toyota. I have been a Toyota customer since 1990 and this has been my third Lexus rx. Bitter sweet end!

- Guntersville, AL, USA