6.5

2015 Lexus RX 350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Lexus RX 350:

2015 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Feb 122016

RX 350

Gas tank needed to be replaced because gasoline overflowed into the fuel tank canister. Since replacement can intermittenly smell gas but dealership service department cannot smell unexplained excessive engine noise in whicc dealership cannot hear, and cannot maintain an alignment.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Apr 092016

RX 350

On Feb 9 2016 a rodent had chew the wires inside my engine which the battery/check engine and the all wheel traction light came on. So I drove it to the dealer ship in Tacoma fife of wa. So my insurance company told them to replace the whole engine main wiring harness for a total cost of $5372.38. Everything was good to go, then on 9 April 2016 my check engine and AWD drive traction light came on. So I took it to the dealer again, but while driving on the highway I heard chimes going off then all of a sudden it loss acceleration power and loss speed quickly. I was able to manuever off safely to the side out of traffic and down an exit to a complete stop. I turn off the vehicle and started it back on. Then I was able to drive it with a wing on a prayer and made it to the dealer shop safely im glad that I did without getting into an accident. I was told by that dealer that diagnostics found inconsistency report from there computer findings and was told the service manager will keep it to drive it for a couple of days to make sure they can catch the problem. Right now im really concern for my safety, especially it is my wife's car, and if she was driving she would not know how to react in a situation like this. So bottom line im really concern of myself, wife and family safety and need to address this because it can happen again. Please advise on how to move forward. Safety has no quitting time, I bought a Lexus becuase of its high safety expectations, but it aint working for me.

- Spanway, WA, USA

Aug 312015

RX 350

My car caught fire on its own. I was awaken by the police who said that my parked car is on fire. The fire department and police confirmed that the fire started on its own from the engine and there is no larceny. They mentioned that there was a vehicle recall for the same problem and then I search online and found the recall. See below www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/ucm465852/rcak-14V576-3448.pdf wemakeitsafer.com/vehicle-recall/Lexus-RX350-recall-3507218 neither the dealership (I.e. mcgrawth Lexus) or the manufacturer contacted me. I loss my new vehicle due to been sold a defective new vehicle

- Chicago, IL, USA