1.3

2006 Lexus RX 400h miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus RX 400h:

2006 Lexus RX 400h Owner Comments

Nov 152016

RX 400h

I purchased this car on 6/11/2016 with 125, 812 miles. I am now at 140, 949 and today while driving down the road with my daughter in the car my vsc maint light, ABS light, brake light, and track stabilizer light all came on at the same time. I have contacted the Lexus dealer in regards to campaign number 13V396000 as this recall identification is identical to what happened today. This being my only vehicle which carries myself and my child this seems to be a very dangerous issue. The dealership informed me that all of these recalls have been repaired and my vehicle is not covered. If this car was repaired it is obvious it was not repaired correctly, if at all. This repair would cost me close to what I paid for the car itself! I would like documentation that my vehicle has in fact been repaired as I am better off buying a different car and junking this one than paying to repair it.

- Indian Head, MD, USA

Dec 012015

RX 400h

Cracked dashboard issue (as per the so-called warranty issue per csc-10057809-9406). 10-months ago I was promised parts by Lexus of monterey, ca, and, I've since contacted them five or more times...no parts are forthcoming. The Lexus regional manager offers no help. What can I do?

- Pebble Beach, CA, USA

Apr 302013

RX 400h 6-cyl

The check engine light and P0aa6 warning illuminated and vehicle went completely dead, could not start up. There were cracked body seams above the rear door strut mounts allowing water intrusion to flood the entire bottom well under the floor boards which shorted out the entire hybrid battery system. There were no visible signs of water intrusion inside the cabin of the vehicle, nothing was wet. Apparently, Lexus has two tsb's on this issue, L-sb-0019-09 & L-sb-0045-09, on how to repair the seams since over time there appears to be a structural flaw allowing the seams to separate. The water intrusion happens silently and without warning and presents a severe safety hazard as you get water into an electrical system and parts begin shorting out without advanced warning. Imagine traveling at a high speed and the hybrid battery shorts and the vehicle abruptly stops! or an electrical short starts a fire! Lexus is aware of the potential problem and how costly the damage is and the safety risks associated as a result and has chosen not to issue a recall or limited campaign to allow for a simple repair of the seams to prevent major damage from occurring.

- Miami, FL, USA