2.0

2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Jan 292010

C230

The contact owns a 2003 Mercedes Benz C230. The contact stated that the check engine warning light illuminated and the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who repaired the engine wiring harness and the engine cam shaft adjustment solenoid, but the failure recurred. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 75 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 032014

C230

I was driving the vehicle home from work and heading uphill. My automatic air conditioning clicked off, and then I noticed a strong chemical smell. Smoke came out from under my hood. There was no safe place to pull over, so I drove another 1/4 mile until I crested the hill and came to a dip. I noticed flames coming toward me from between the driver door and the dash. I immediately pulled my car over and put it in park, grabbed my stuff and got out. The car completely burned up. I get my car regularly maintenanced by the dealer, and it said I had 1800 or 1900 miles until my next service.

- Cameron Park, CA, USA