2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Oct 012012

C250 4-cyl

This was not an accident, it is, in my opinion, a possible safety problem with the vehicle - turbo lag; throttle lag; transmission lag. I almost had two accidents due to the lag problems, and have attached a more detailed analysis for your review. Turbo lag: This is the time it takes for the car to go from its naturally aspirated power to the full power of the car at full boost/ peak boost is reached relatively low in the reverse range, but it is not instantaneous power like a naturally aspirated engine. Throttle lag: The drive by wire system has a bit of lag. Under certain conditions, I measured it at.2 of a second or so. Whatever the value, there is always lag there, and we are very sensitive to it. However, driving ins mode vs E mode does make somewhat of a difference. Nonetheless, the car always starts out in E mode when I get in and start the car. We didn't purchase the car to always drive in S mode. Transmission lag: This I notice significantly and it is, in my opinion, probably the most annoying to me. You'll notice this when stomping the pedal to the floor and then doing the wait... wait... wait.. downshift. Even if this engine was running only on its naturally aspirated four cylinders, the transmission should respond immediately to a sure footed stomp to the floor with the quickness, as does my four cylinder rav-4. however, the mb C-250 does not! in my opinion, you can reset the tcu all you want, the delay will remain.

- Indian Land, SC, USA