2012 Mercedes-Benz C300 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2012 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Nov 282012

C300 6-cyl

I made a sharp turn into a parking area then another sharp turn into the parking space and when I straighten the wheel out to complete parking an applied my foot on brake the pedal went to the floor and car would not stop the only thing that stopped me was the concrete curbing which I hit hard and damaged the under carriage of my car. The tires hitting the concrete is made forced car to stop. I contacted dealership to report the problem and see if they could tow vehicle and provide me with a car since I was stranded. They were closing and couldn't help me. Had the vehicle checked to see if a brake line had broke or if brake fluid level was ok, everything checked out ok drove car home very slow noticed car having a message on dash hold when I apply brakes and a message ( P shift in park) came on dash as I was driving. This had never happened before this incident occurred. Called dealer the following morning and had car towed to them. 5 days later they tell me that they cannot find anything wrong with my brakes and my car is safe. I am not driving the car I will be having it towed. There is something wrong with the brakes and I do not feel I should have to put myself or anyone else on the road at risk for losing there life. Just because they cant find anything it doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong. I have researched on the internet about the car I own and I have seen many people with the same problem as mine. I have not had the car but for 2 months. This is a safety issues and it seems as the manufactures of the vehicles being made don't have to back there products unless someone is killed.

- Bridgeville,, DE, USA