6.6

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 102014

CLA250 4-cyl

I just picked up my car from Mercedes service today, 7/10/2014 for the issue described below. It had been in service since 7/1/2014. The service representative said that it was an electrical issue. One part they needed was back-ordered and unavailable from Mercedes so the mechanic rebuilt the connection. That still did not stop the fault code so in consultation with Mercedes the service department replaced additional electrical components and believed they resolved the issue. The exact same incident occurred today, approximately 30 minutes after picking the car up. While driving under normal conditions the car stalled with no warning. A number of dashboard warning lights came on including the parking brake, traction control, ABS, engine, tires, airbag, etc... there was a red message in the information display that read "service required. Do not shift gears. Visit dealer.", that alternated with a yellow message that read "traction control inoperative. See operator's manual." I was able to coast close to the curb to move out of the traffic lane but the car would not turn over. A flat bed was called to take it to the Mercedes dealership.

- Marblehead, MA, USA

Jun 302014

- Marblehead, MA, USA

Apr 242014

CLA250 4-cyl

While driving the vehicle suddenly the accelerator started to have a delayed response. Pressing the accelerator would not do anything for between 3 to 5 second after the car was stopped. After the delay, the car would respond and was drivable, but after every subsequent stop, the 3 to 5 second delay would return. This continued for the 20 miles that I drove to the dealership to have them look at the car and repair it. I believe this unresponsiveness of the accelerator to be a dangerous condition as it prevented me from being able to driving normally and could have prevented me from moving my vehicle if it was stopped and a situation required it to be moved quickly. At this time this occurred the following warning lights appeared on the dash. The check engine light came on. The esp warning light came on, the esp system "off" light came on, and a message stating that "presafe functions were unavailable" appeared on the dash board computer screen. This was the second time this happened to me. The first time was at the beginning of April. I pulled the car over. Restarted the car and the condition fixed itself. This time, restarting the car did not clear the condition.

- Shelton, CT, USA

Jan 202014

CLA250 6-cyl

Today I was driving in a parking lot and approached the light to exit and my dashboard lit up with a presafe system failure, system is inoperative and my car slowed down considerably when I tried to accelerate. I pulled over and turned the engine off and then on again and the error cleared. This is very dangerous if it happens on a highway or while driving on a crowded street. I called the dealer today and was told if the error was not currently on the dash they could not do anything. I explained that this was unacceptable and they needed to look at the car. God forbid I am on the highway and it disabled. Last week my brother-in- law saw the same car disabled in the middle lane of the highway. I hope mb fixes this problem fast before someone is seriously hurt.

- Hempstead, NY, USA