2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 7)

Jan 152016

E350

When gas tank is fuel there is a very strong fuel smell in the garage. As the tank empties, the smell goes away. The mechanic I took my car to told me about the extended warranty that Mercedes was forced to issue due to investigation your department did. When I called Mercedes, I was told that my car did not qualify because it was a pzev vehicle. My car has exactly the same issues as described by the other Mercedes 350 E series vehicles. I noted in your defective investigation results, that you not not distinguish between the pzev vehicles and the non pzev vehicles. This is an expensive repair, and I believe that my car qualifies for the recall.

- Farmers Branch, TX, USA

Jan 132016

E350

I started to notice that when I filled my tank my car would smell like gas inside. A few weeks later the check engine light came on and within days it began to run rough and then not start. Mechanic states its the fuel pump and the entire kit must be replaced you can not just replace the pump, (kit includes pump, tank, filter etc). The cost for the part alone is almost 2700, something I certainly can not afford plus labor which will take 6-7 hours to fix. That is at least another 1000 in labor. The investigation NHTSA action number EA13003 investigated this problem and expanded the scope to include all E-class models from 2003-2008. This is clearly an issue and Mercedes is telling me my vehicle is not part of the extended warranty agreement. Help! I have no idea what to do I have owned this car for a 1.5 years and it only has 66K miles on it. It is practically brand new!

- Collingswood, NJ, USA

Dec 312015

E350

Strong fuel smell when filling up. Have noticed many complaints about this and an extended warranty. Mercedes in an online chat said my vehicle was not included but everything I am reading says it should be. Not sure how to pursue this.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Nov 242014

E350

Hi..every time I put gas full tank, when I park my car inside the garage it smell gas all over the garage..im scared that it might cause fire because of my water heater is inside my garage too..I ask a mechanic they told me that my on my fuel pump sender unit is leaking..I want to know if there is a recall for my car, ,pls. Let me know..

- Chinohills, CA, USA

Sep 012015

E350

After fueling the car a strong smell of raw gasoline is present from near the outside rear of the vehicle. Once the level of fuel drops below 1/2 tank the smell goes away. The smell is most noticeable after the car is parked and stationary.

- Walla Walla, WA, USA

Dec 082015

E350

I began smelling a strong gasoline order after driving and parking the car. The odor was strongest when the car was parked in the garage. You could not drive the car very far without having to open the windows. After about three weeks I took the car to a Mercedes repair mechanic who informed me gasoline was leaking from the fuel pump located under the backseat. Due to the type of fuel tank I had (special order crash resistant tank) I could not just replace the fuel pump. I had to replace the fuel pump, fuel sensors, and the fuel tank. Driving the car without a repair was very dangerous. The cost was $3,000. I had no choice but to repair the car. The car had approximately 102,850 miles on it. Mercedes needs to do the right thing and step up and repair the 2007 E350's that experience this. It is either a design flaw or faulty part.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Dec 032015

E350

Strong fuel odor smell inside cabin and outside when fill up the tank.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 032013

E350

When I fill-up there is always the strong smell of gasoline inside the car and outside in the garage when parked and rolling.

- Bessemer, AL, USA

Oct 182015

E350

Strong fuel smell in cabin after filling tank. Vehicle was stationary and parked. Feels like gas was leaking in cabin. Strong gas smell is only in cabin and not outside.

- Quincy, MA, USA

Oct 202015

E350

I have a strong smell of gasoline outside car when gas tank is full or nearly full. I've asked Mercedes Benz to repair under warranty based on NHTSA action number EA13003, but they are refusing, saying my car is not included, when it clearly should be.

- Northridge, CA, USA

Oct 062015

E350

Strong gasolene smell filled the garage after fill up, and remains till next day so far.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 012015

E350

Metal fuel tank 211.240.8801 leaks and fumes expelled need replaced mfg although sued and extended warranty 15 years or 150K miles to avoid recall states my specific VIN not covered. My vehicle only 98K miles. Defrauding consumers. No used parts new $2300 plus labor. Car stopped while in motion on city street almost accident.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Jun 012015

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz E350. While driving approximately 30 mph, fuel fumes emitted from the rear driver side seat. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, where it was diagnosed that the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000....updated 09/22/15

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jun 042013

E350

The fuel tank located under the back seat is leaking fuel into the passenger compartment it is the sending unit that is bad like 250,000 other Mercedes Mercedes claims our VIN number is not covered and will not honor the recall updated 9/15/15

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jul 112015

E350

I have a 2007 Mercedes Benz E350, when I fill up the tank I have an overwhelming smell of gasoline inside the car. It is so strong it gives me a headache. I am concerned for the safety of my children and myself. Obviously this is an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed by Mercedes Benz. Peoples lives are at risk here. This is supposed to be a high end car yet we are supposed to foot the bill due to Mercedes Benz not wanting to take responsibility for the defect. Too many people are have the same problems. Something needs to be done before someone loses their life behind Mercedes Benz defect.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Sep 042013

E350

I filled the fuel tank and smelled fumes as I drove away. I then parked the car in my driveway and fuel was leaking from under the back seat under the car, very dangerous!!!

- Auburn, ME, USA

Jun 172015

E350

I believe there is a leak in my fuel sending unit. First, the tank level indicator circuit is unreliable below a half tank. Secondly, after I top my fuel tank off, the car will run out of gas after using 19.5 to 20 gallons. The tank is 21.5 gallons.

- Lapeer, MI, USA

Dec 302014

E350

My 2007 Mercedes Benz E350, began to smell of fuel on the inside after a fill up. I took the vehicle in to find out what the issue might be and was informed that the fuel sending unit was not operating properly. The vehicle was repaired, however, the smell of fuel still lingers in the vehicle. I have left the windows down for days at a time month after month. I went an obtained some industrial strength aerosol and the smell still has not totally left the vehicle to date.

- Chester, VA, USA

Oct 242014

E350

I have a very noticeable gasonline odor in the cabin of my car after every gas fill up. It's so strong I get headaches sometime. I think this would be a fire hazard with this leaky gas getiing to other electric component in the car. I've once a fire in the intake manifold couple years ago. The total repair cost came out to be more than $4,000 from penske Mercedes in West covina.

- Rowland Hts, CA, USA

May 152015

E350

2007 Mercedes Benz E350. Owner/ occupants smell gas in the cabin, after fill up, until about 3/4- 1/2 tank. Smell seems to be originating from mid-rear drivers side. Odor is present from 0 to approx 45mph (at times) with windows up and down. Reference NHTSA action number: PE12001

- Long Beach, CA, USA