2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Nov 012012

E350 6-cyl

We purchased this vehicle used from a Mercedes dealer 5 weeks ago. After the first couple gas refills I noticed that the car had a strong gas smell around it. Just standing next to the car, I could smell gas. It seemed wrong. At first I figured it was just because I was at the gas station. But then I realized the car also smelled of gas at home. When the car sits overnight or for longer periods, the interior noticeably smells like gas upon opening the door. Having owned a lot of cars I knew this wasn't right. I did an internet search to see if this was some sort of known issue. Of course a lot of information popped up as far as other people having this issue and a class action lawsuit. I called the dealer to see if mb was fixing this unofficially or anything along those lines. The service manager pleaded ignorance. He stated he had never heard of such a thing, couldn't imagine it was true or that there would be such a problem. He didn't sound very convincing. Now we have a 'new' car that leaks gas. I don't know what to say beyond that. I'm still too disappointed and stunned at this situation.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 072012

E350 6-cyl

I purchased this vehicle new in Oct. 2006. On Nov. 7, 2012 with 19600 miles I filled the gas tank full of fuel and noticed immediately inside cabin, trunk, and outside of the vehicle was a strong fuel smell beyond belief! after several days of this issue I researched to find out there are many problems from other owners with this exact same problem. After reviewing there issues I started my own investigation and after removing my back seat; I found that fuel is leaking from the fuel system inside the cabin of vehicle. I am so disappointed and highly concerned for my safety as well as other innocent driver's around me that a sudden spark may ignite my vehicle on fire and cause a mass explosion while driving. Please with all these current issues find mbusa responsible. I have given mbusa years of loyalty in owning three of there vehicles. We as consumers deserve better from a company with their values and history.

- Greenville , NC, USA

Sep 172012

E350 6-cyl

I noticed a slight fuel smell when I would fill up the fuel tank. The smell has gradually gotten worse and now is inside the car as well as permeates my garage after setting for a short period. I now have to crack my garage door at night to let vapors escape for safety reasons. This is an absolute safety issue and seems very common with many Mercedes Benz models and should be addressed. Thank you!

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Oct 182012

E350 6-cyl

Strong odor of gasoline inside the cabin of the vehicle. Odor so strong that passengers can not be inside the vehicle for more then several minutes at a time without feeling nausea or dizziness. Hundreds of complaints have been filed for this exact occurrence and Mercedes still refuses to acknowledge the defect in the fuel tank. The smell is irreplaceable once the pooling of the fuel absorbs into the back seats. The gasoline vapors inside the cabin are not only unacceptable but an extreme health and safety hazard to occupants of the vehicle. Mileage at the time of initial incident was 63,000.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Oct 162012

E350 6-cyl

Gas smell inside and outside of car when you fill car. The gas over flows and form a little pool of gas on top of the gas tank, this is just under the rear seat. This sounds like a known problem and should have been fixed (recalled) by Mercedes. I took it to the dealer and had it fixed because I don't want my family sick or hurt.

- Lone Tree, CO, USA

Sep 162012

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz E-350. While parked, the contact noticed a strong fuel odor inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that there was a fuel leak in the rear seat of the vehicle where the electronic wiring and fuel sending unit was located. The technician stated that the fuel tank and fuel pump would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- Napels, FL, USA

Oct 022012

E350 6-cyl

Strong odors of gasoline fumes fill passenger compartment of car after car is refueled. Am apprehensive about driving car with gasoline fumes so prevalent.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Aug 012012

E350 6-cyl

I noticed a strong gas smell in my garage whenever I fill up the gas tank, I took my car to Mercedes Benz dealer in houston, tx (Mercedes-Benz of houston greenway) and it was told that my tank has a hole and it leaks fumes into the surrounding that is why I smelled gas. The dealer asked for $3095 to repair the issue which will require replacing the fuel tank. I have been taken good care of my car and I don't understand why there is a hole in the tank in the first place, I believe it is manufacturer defect in the design/workmanship of the fuel system in this model

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 282012

E350 6-cyl

Mine is a 90000 mile vehicle showing normal wear, no abuse or no accidents, diagnosed with leaky fuel tank. Just spent $900 on fuel pump, sender and pressure sensor-all of which was to fix strong gas odor. Repairs did not abate the strong gas odor when tank is full. Independent Mercedes mechanic then diagnosed as leaky tank and stated that repairs would be about $1500. His parts man said that the part number on the fuel tanks had changed three times-indicating that he thought that Mercedes was trying different fixes. Mechanic also said that his shop has diagnosed/fixed several other with same problem. Gas odor is so strong that I believe that a tossed cigarette would ignite my Mercedes. Mechanic says that the tank is some form of "plastic" and not metal.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Aug 272012

E350 6-cyl

There is a strong fuel smell in the vehicle after filling up gas tank. Dealer found the issue associated to fuel sending unit, which seem to be a recurrent issue with this model in Mercedes. Dealer requires $1,400 to fix the issue. I have contacted mbusa to see if they can help with this repair. There has been a voluntary recall on the E class for 03-06 vehicles, however my car is an 07 model and there is no recall on this year, yet forums of Mercedes Benz owners are filled with same complaint for all E class models with chassis W211. Please investigate this issue. I understand there is an open NHTSA case PE12-001 that may be related to my complaint. Thank you for your prompt attention.

- Great Falls, VA, USA

Oct 132011

E350 6-cyl

There is a strong odor of gasoline every time the fuel tank is filled. It appear that the gas is leaking from the fuel tank sending unit on top of the tank.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jun 122012

E350

When this model is fueled to a full tank, a strong gas smell fills the car (and later the garage). This continues until the fuel burns down to 3/4 of a tank.

- Winterville, GA, USA