1. purchased after market aluminum intake manifold (1 reports)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Mar 082009

Grand Marquis LX 4.6L V8

I bought this car used with a 30 day warranty, 7 days passed warranty date I could smell an odor of anti freeze, it happened to be my heater core. Then I did my re-search on line to learn a little more about my FORD product. What the heck were you thinking" Ford " "Found On Road Dead" --->PLASTIC<---INTAKE MANIFOLD. (thank goodness they used metal screws) I'm very lucky to have learned of this problem before mine cracked. I ordered after market aluminum intake on line because the 9 automotive parts stores in my area only had the plastic ones. TAKE THESE THINGS OFF THE SHELF. I can't even imagine a mechanic would re install another plastic intake. I've always been a Chevrolet person with no probs, I don't know what I was thinking? I only paid $5,000 and now another $1,100, by the time im done I can call it my Cadillac. Thanks for letting me express my anger.

- , Fitchburg, MA, USA