2010 Mercury Milan drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Jul 052012

Milan

I was driving approximately 50 mph. The car began to slow down, and it jerked and hesitated and began to decelerate as it continued the jerking and hesitation. The car would not respond to the accelerator at all. Continued to jerk and slow down and the engine and transmission were not functioning properly. I pulled in to a gas station and stopped the car.

- Conway, AR, USA

Jul 022012

Milan 6-cyl

When I am driving (I never have any advance notice) suddenly speed changes to nothing no matter what you do. Then the wrench light comes on, I have to go to the side of the road turn off car and restart, then it may do the same thing again or it may quit and drive normally. Has continued to happen this week! it is very dangerous and from the looks of the complaints it seems to be a repeating problem with this car.

- Rome, GA, USA

Apr 232012

Milan

When driving, the car feels like it shifts gears, the wrench light comes on and engine power is lost. After pulling over, turning off the engine and restarting, the car drives normally. This happened multiple times in one day. Dealer reprogrammed PCM and it was fine for two months. Same thing happened on June 21, 2012. This is potentially life threatening problem because it has happened at highway speeds in rush hour conditions. Many consumer reports of same symptoms can be easily found on internet by searching for "electronic throttle control." When I took car to dealer after most recent occurrence, they said their were no codes showing so there was nothing to fix. Ford needs to investigate why this is happening and recall/fix this problem before someone is killed or seriously injured because of this problem!

- Stillwater, MN, USA

Nov 012011

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a recurring failure in which it would jerk while shifting gears and experience trouble accelerating. The transmission light was also illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic but they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 60,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Eldred, PA, USA

Nov 072011

Milan

I was driving down the freeway at 65 mph, when the check engine and transmission light came on and the car immediately started to decelerate and I was not to give the car gas to get out of the way of moving traffic. After turning the car off and turning the car on again, the car seemed to have reset itself and the car started working properly again. A couple of months later, now at 41000 miles, the car is having this problem more frequently and is unsafe to drive. I took the car to a dealership to see what was wrong with the car when they stated to me that the throttle body kept getting stuck closed. I feel this should be looked into further as a problem with the throttle body should not be going out for a car that is still practically brand new.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Aug 012011

Milan 6-cyl

1st time, while driving at @ 50, trans bucked and stopped working, car idled along bucking. Wrench light was on. When we turned the car off, the wrench went away and trans reset. 2nd time, while driving @ 60, trans stopped working, no response, had to move over to the side of the road to shut car off and let it reset itself. Spent a week in the shop only to have it "reprogrammed" and told "the car was being confused by 2 different drivers". and that we were "red-lining" the car. When these things happen, the rpms do jump up rapidly, but never redline ( 4000 - 4500 rpms tops). 3rd and final straw, car wouldn't stop today until the tranny shifted down, buck, buck, buck, finally stopped.

- Hampton Bays, NY, USA

Sep 282011

Milan 4-cyl

Under load (acceleration into traffic), the transmission does not engage, stuck between gears causing the car to redline and go nowhere. Also, noticed stuttering in shifting of the car at certain gears. Does this very intermittently, but when it does, it could have been in dangerous situations if I was trying to merge into traffic. Ford service was unable to replicate, but it has done it a half dozen times since the first time I bought the car.

- Plaistow, NH, USA

Nov 182011

Milan 6-cyl

Nov. 18th, 2011. While driving East bound approx. 6am, on the long island expressway, NY (route 495 East) I was going about 60 mph when the car slowed down to approx. 3 mph and jerked along, the wrench icon displayed in the dash board..I was in the beginning of rush hour..the time was approx.6am and the sun hadn't even risen yet. It was the most scary time in my life. All I saw were trucks coming towards me. After about 30 mins..I was able to steer the car over to the left hand shoulder. I shut the car off and waited a few minutes and tried to start it again.it started fine and the wrench light did not appear..I moved forwarded on the shoulder for a few hundred feet, until I felt the car was able to function fine and then I drove it off to the nearest exit. I managed to drive the car home for additional 70 miles..without any further incident. I am scheduled to take the car in to be looked at tomorrow.

- East Hampton, NY, USA

Dec 012010

Milan 6-cyl

The car hesitates to go into gear, when it does it is with a hard jerk. Shifts into next gears hard and with jerking motion. When starting to push accelerator sometimes takes a bit before it engages and then does with a jerk. Will chug when at the 40mph mark and holding. It appears to not know if it should downshift or upshift. Transmission is very unpredictable when it is going to engage and how hard of a jerk you will get from it. It also will surge if you are coasting and then need just a little more gas to get to where you want to be. It launches forward. Have had it rebuilt once already but it didn't change anything. Now the dealership says there is nothing wrong but changed their tune when I told them there was information all over the internet that this is a huge problem and Ford knows but is not doing anything to fix it.

- Buffalo, MN, USA

May 102010

Milan

Unintentional acceleration 2010 Mercury Milan hybrid.

- Baldwin, NY, USA