2010 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 9 of 9)

Nov 072011

I was driving down the freeway at 65 mph, when the check engine and transmission light came on and the car immediately started to decelerate and I was not to give the car gas to get out of the way of moving traffic. After turning the car off and turning the car on again, the car seemed to have reset itself and the car started working properly again. A couple of months later, now at 41000 miles, the car is having this problem more frequently and is unsafe to drive. I took the car to a dealership to see what was wrong with the car when they stated to me that the throttle body kept getting stuck closed. I feel this should be looked into further as a problem with the throttle body should not be going out for a car that is still practically brand new.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

May 182010

I have a 2010 Mercury Milan this car has been in the shop many times the transmission was slipping it has left me in the middle of an intersection and the last straw was 3 weeks ago when the transmission kicked in when I was turning it popped my neck and I hit a curb. I do not feel safe in the car. One time the gas pedal stuck and I had to reach down and pull out my floor mat. Also trim parts just fall off of this thing.

- Pueblo, CO, USA

Jan 272010

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. While driving in reverse, the accelerator pedal stuck and the vehicle began to surge backwards until it rolled over a curb resulting in a crash. A police report was filed but there were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealership where the contact was informed that there was no chance the vehicle could have surged. The vehicle had not been repaired at the time of the complaint. The failure occurred again while the contact was driving in reverse; the failure resulted in another crash. Another police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was again taken to an authorized dealership where the contact was informed there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. The failure mileage was approximately 1,500. The current mileage was approximately 3,000.

- Goshen, NY, USA

May 102010

Unintentional acceleration 2010 Mercury Milan hybrid.

- Baldwin, NY, USA

Feb 272010

My car sped up while I had my foot on the brake I just got it stopped before I hit a truck the first time. The second time I was pulling into my garage to park my car when it sped up and I took the center section between my doors before I got it stopped. It done $3299 to the garage and $2600 to the car. Ford checked it out for two hours and could not find anything wrong.

- Mt. Pulaski, IL, USA