2004 Mercury Mountaineer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Mountaineer:

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Apr 232016

Rear tailgate window hinge broke while having the window only open and putting away groceries. Upon closing the window, the right hinge broke causing the window to almost fall off of the car. I attempted, with assistance from others in the parking lot, to push the window back into the frame and have it lock at the center latch. The latch is no longer engaged and I have attempted to push on the window to connect with the latch. I am not strong enough to do so. The window is at a point where it could fall off of my car. There was a recall on this part for 2000-2003 vehicles of this make and model. Ford is not carrying over the recall to 2004 stating the defect is not the same (with the details) as the recall itself. It is still the same defective part! I am of short stature and do not have the strength to push the window the 1" or so to get it into the frame to lock successfully. I have contacted my local Ford dealership for advice but have been told I would need to pay out of pocket. I am at risk of having the window fall off the back of my car and do not currently have the money to pay for this repair at this time. There have been several complaints noted for this equipment failure on this site for the 2004 Mountaineer. Just not sure what to do next. My vehicle is my bread and butter in order to work.

- Westport, MA, USA

Sep 232013

Door dings and dents.

- Dublin, GA, USA

Aug 292012

Mountaineer 6-cyl

I opened the window hatch on the back of the vehicle and the window hinge broke and the window started to slip down almost braking my nose.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 162003

The new vehicle I purchased on July does not have a certification affixed. (the incident date listed below is the date of purchase.)

- Ambridge, PA, USA