2002 Mini Cooper exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mini Cooper:

2002 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Jun 262009

Cooper

I drove my 2002 MINICooper approximately 6 miles to drop off a friend who was visiting from out of town. I was helping my friend remove his suitcase and standing to the passenger side rear of the car when my leg made contact with the tailpipe causing about a 2 inch crescent shaped burn. The tailpipe was hot enough that my skin stuck to the pipe - it is a pretty nasty second degree burn.

- Decatur, GA, USA

May 012004

Cooper 4-cyl

The exhaust pipe on the 2002 MINICooper S I have is centrally located in the back of the bumper. The car is a hatch back, and I've ruined a couple pairs of pants and had minor burns from it. I'm not too worried about me, but I have small kids and I worry about them.

- Woodside, CA, USA