- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 26 days ago
- August 22: MINI Cooper Clubman Recalled For Airbag Problems recalls | 35 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 63 days ago
- July 18: MINI Cooper Water Pump Replacement Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 70 days ago
- July 10: Chrysler Pacifica Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Belts recalls | 78 days ago
2004 Mini Cooper
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems are a major issue with the 2004 Mini Cooper, with hundreds of owners reporting complaints to the NHTSA about their power steering suddenly failing while driving.
Some power steering failures have caused crashes & injuries. Average mileage at failure is well under 100,000 miles & the repair cost is over $1,000. Not good.
Worst 2004 Cooper Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems1
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 448
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 33
- engine problemsNHTSA: 13
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mini Cooper Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cooper compares to other years?
Check out our Mini Cooper overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cooper.