2007 Mini Cooper brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mini Cooper:

2007 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Jun 182015

Driving pa turnpike when my 2007 minicooper temp light came on, immediately followed the oil and engine light. As the lights appeared, the car was losing power. It lost power as I was pulling off the road. 3 minutes total. Smoke poured out. I opened the hold to see a 3 inch hole melted away. I closed the lid. Contacted MINIroadside service who would not honor the tow. Called aaa who did. Called MINIof pittsburgh, jason thompson, who only serviced my MINIfor 4 years and 35,000 miles when he first diagnosed needing a new engine. I asked manager chris lasko about any recalls" could it be a lemon" no this is unusual for a MINIwas the answer. Before authorizing repairs I asked about the electrical system and the effects of overheating. No electrical issues where found. They felt confident recommending replacing a new engine & parts. I okayed to put in all new starter, starter core, engine, engine core, engine harness, collar screw, ping sensor, intake manifold, core return gasket, ignition coils, collar screw, screw with washer, core return with heat pr, srp belt, and coolant, a water pump pulley, and few other 20 some parts to get it back on the road. A month later, I received a letter revealing a potential problem with the durability of a vapor recovery diagnostic pump on 07. Federal emissions defect warranty covers 10year or 120K miles. I called the dealer, they said that it did not pertain to my vehicle. 2015 deja vu at 64K miles. I was driving, commuting when the engine light came on again. I drove 2 miles to my MINIdealer. They said they could fix it by putting in a new engine. I had it towed home. I have called & left email's with BMW/MINIcustomer service. I have had zero reply from then. They claim to be the ultimate driving machine. As an advertising associate creative director, I think the more honest and real claim would be the ultimate farse machine.

- Bethel Park, PA, USA

Aug 012010

After driving my 2007 MINIcopper S, for several minutes the "brake" and dsc warning icons illuminate yellow. Once illuminated the signal cancel function stops working and wipers turn on autonomously when engine is stopped.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA