2007 Mini Cooper electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mini Cooper:

2007 Mini Cooper Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 312011

My mint condition 2007 MINICooper S was destroyed by fire on 3/31/11. I had just driven it 4.5 miles to work, parked it, when approximately 12-15 minutes later I was alerted by the company security department that my car was on fire. The township police and fire department were already on the scene putting out the blaze. The cause of the fire appears to be electrical and started in the engine. My pristine car without a scratch or dent on it, had only been driven 15,000 miles -- and it was destroyed. The car had been faithfully maintained and I believed it to be in perfect running condition. Fortunately no one was hurt and no other cars were damaged. But what if this would have happened when the car was parked in my garage" I was shocked to read online that other owners have shared similar experiences and that you can find numerous video clips on you-tube showing MINIs on fire. What is BMW doing about this" updated 08/17/11 updated 02/02/2012

- Dayton, OH, USA

Nov 052009

Cooper 4-cyl

I own a 2007 MINICooper with factory installed gps. When my brake sensor activated my gps stopped working. The dealer says the entire system must be replaced at a cost of $2,500. Is anyone aware of electrical defects in the MINIsystem that would cause this problem?

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA