Blown Intake Manifold

1. replace intake manifold gasket (2 reports)
2001 Pontiac Aztek engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Aztek:

2001 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Apr 212008

Aztek 3.4L V6

i got this thing after an accident in which my car was totaled, everything seemed fine when i took a look at it and i even had a mechanic check it out , then i noticed a quarter sized drop underneath it and it was antifreeze but i thought since it was small it was probably a cracked hose or something so i didnt worry about it.this morning the piece of crap had a huge puddle underneath it and i took it 2 the mechanic and he wanted to soak me for 1800 dollars well i have heard nothing good about these things and now look this piece of crap dumps on me! I then got the idea i could do it myself but after looking at it the engine compartment is squeezed so tight u can barely get ur hand in there so im gonna trade it in on a reliable Japanese car like i shoulda done in the first place.... o ya gm u can kiss my ass!

- , Peoria, AZ, USA

Aug 102007

Aztek 3.2L V6

I have had the manifold intake gasket fixed already once, it was under warranty, I bought it used in 03 and it was broken 3 months later, now three years later its broken again with the same problem, only this time the warranty is expired. They want to charge me 2200.00 to fix what they already fixed. I am on a very fixed income, my hubby is disabled, I need my car, I cant afford to fix it. I called GM headquarters and they offered a 10% discount the dealer I talked to told me there is a design flaw in the engine of those cars, but the dealer and GM will not stand behind thier product, SHAME ON THEM

- , Waterford, MI, USA