Anti Freeze Leaking

1995 Pontiac Bonneville cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Pontiac Bonneville:

1995 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Nov 052007

Bonneville 3.2L V6

I bought my 1995 Pontiac new. Have always maintained it with qualified auto technicians.

Have taken it to 1 place not where it was cheaper or try to save a dollar. When I had my car serviced I told them if they saw a leaking hose or anything that looked frayed or they thought it need to be replaced , do it then while they were there doing whatever, because I trusted there decisions. In Nov. of 2007 I took my car there as my Anti freeze was disappearing out of the reservoir & I had to add anti freeze every day. They said I had a leak in the radiator , so they put in a new radiator, & checked the belts & hoses.

After that the anti freeze really started to leak out of the reservoir, I checked it everyday

(2) times a day whenever I drove it. Took my car back to auto shop & told them that the anti freeze was leaking & had to add all the time. They pressure checked it , put a new radiator cap on . Drove off & it really started messing up the temperature gage was almost to the hot mark, the oil temp gage was bouncing in the low zone, the bell was going off & the check engine light was on. Called them & took it back. They replaced the intake manifold gasket, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, oil pressure switch,pigtail ops. elbow heater hose, added anti freeze, drained the oil & replaced with new, & put a oil stabilizer in it. When I picked it up it was runnable, but still felt something was not right with it , sometimes when I would start it up it would sound like a thrashing machine &like it was missing, then it would level out & would run not well but it ran, at this point I'm still adding anti freeze. The auto shop said run the car keep your eye on the anti freeze & really there's not much more they can do. So I finally took it to a Pontiac dealer for a second opinion. Well, guess what I need a new engine to the tune of over $6,000.00, that I don't have. I went on your web site & did find out that the 1995 Pontiac was noted for that happening at 90,000.00 miles & up. I wonder why me the consumer was not aware of these flaws when we purchase the vehicle or vehicles..I certainly will do a little more research next time I buy a new vehicle if I ever due buy a new car again.

It seems that no matter how much a person knows there's always something else to learn, especially when you've made the wrong decision.

- , Palmetto, FL, USA