Antifreeze Leak, Manifold Problems

1. use metal not plastic (2 reports)
  2. new manifold (1 reports)
1996 Pontiac Bonneville cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Pontiac Bonneville:

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Oct 122000

Bonneville SE 3800

I bought the car in mid 2000. It had been a lease with 40,000 miles.

i drove it to work about 5 miles. Came outside at lunch time orange coolant was visible on ground underneath car. i opened the hood of car, coolant overflow tank was empty.

Skip lunch walked to nearby gas station bought orange coolant refilled overflow tank. went back to work. got home tank was empty. brought back to used car dealership had it repaired---$200.00+. Have had same problem and expense for the 9YEARS since buying this thing and spent much more than $200.00. This is just one of many problems---more to come!

- , Bridgeport, CT, USA

Feb 052007

Bonneville 3.8L

I just bought a 96 bonneville. I love the car, however it has an awful coolent leak. I know it needs a new gasket. I also noticed that the electrical things are going out on it. The relay switches are going bad as well. I love the Bonneville, but I am not sure I made such a good buy.

- , Latonia, KY, USA

Jan 292007

Bonneville SSE 3.8

I had a 96 bonneville and 98 both intakes went on them. You would think they would use a metal gasket not a plastic one as plastic will get brittle after getting hot and cold and blow out. Which will cause your engine to over heat.

- , Riceboro, GA, USA

Oct 212003

Bonneville SE

I have put at least $400 into this problem , before being told it was the intake manifold, which I am also told will be another $500 on top of that. Since doing my homework I have learned I am by far not the only one with this problem. Especially owners of the GM 3800 engine, just can't figure out why the makers won't own up to the problem and fix it.

- , Manchester, IA, USA