Airbags Deployed While Driving

1996 Pontiac Bonneville seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Pontiac Bonneville:

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Sep 102011

Bonneville V6

I'm driving down 322 W when I reach 57MPH I put my cruise control and in about 3 minutes both airbags deployed. Thank God I had my windows open because the powder that came out from the airbags nearly suffocated me. I had a severe headache last evening and today my back hurts and that awful taste from the airbag powder is still in my mouth. I have talked to several people and nobody has ever heard of airbags deploying while driving. The airbag warning light did come on but I did not know I had to pull over because airbag light was on. My glasses were thrown off of my face and I was shaking all over. Nobody stopped to help me.

- , Harrisburg, PA, USA