Paint Is Peeling Off The Hood And Roof

7.6

$2,200.00

1. am touching it up (2 reports)
  2. new paint job (2 reports)
1998 Pontiac Bonneville body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Bonneville:

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Jan 012005

Bonneville ES 3.8L V6

Like everyone else with this problem, the paint is peeling off my car. I wonder if this should have been a factory recall item.

- , Loving, NM, USA

May 132008

Bonneville ES 3.8V6

It is a very nice car and runs great, but Pontiac should do something about the paint job. I keep my car clean and every time I wash it, paint peels off. Because of this problem, I can't wax my car.

- , Bluefield, WV, USA

Oct 102007

Bonneville SE V6

As the other complaints ... Paint is peeling off Hood , Roof , and even inside of the inner front fenders ... Well I doubt it is just white paint having problems it is probably all the paint from 1998 or even a bigger variety of the years before and after ....

- , Browns Mills, NJ, USA

May 032007

Bonneville SE 3800

Pontiac does not stand behind their products. Other than the paint problem, my vehicle has been a great

- , Paragould, AR, USA

Dec 192006

Bonneville SE 3.8L

the paint on the hood is almost all the way off and the roof the paint chipped off and is rusting and the trunk lid the paint is also coming off and it just seems to be white that i see this happening with not other colors i got another white van that the hood is doing the same thing and its white. whats up with white seems like the paint doesn't stick why is that???? anyone got a idea? if so email me as i am going to just touch it up

- , Springfield, OR, USA