NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Disc: Rotor Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

3.4

2001 Pontiac Bonneville brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Bonneville:

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Jul 162004

Bonneville 6-cyl

I purchased this car used 1 year ago. At that time the dealer agreed to fix a shaking in the front end of the car when the brakes were applied. The rotors were replaced because they were warped. In the last week I have noticed that I am again getting that shaking in the front end of the car. At 35 miles per hour the steering wheel about jumps out of your hand when the brakes are applied at a reasonable pressure when slowing. If I were to have an emergency where fast braking were needed I do not know if I could hold the car on the road the shaking is that bad. I can't understand what is wrong and why the rotors are not holding up. Can you help me.

- Tipton, IN, USA

Jul 312002

Bonneville

Bad metal for rotors; no reason for this to have happened to the age or use of this vehicle.

- Mc Keesport, PA, USA