The Reverse Lights Are Melting The Lense Cover

6.0

2003 Pontiac Bonneville lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Bonneville:

2003 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

May 012010

Bonneville SLE V6

Brake lights are overheating the socket fixtures and bubbling the plastic lens covers and deteriorating the sockets also.

- , Cottageville, SC, USA

Mar 202007

Bonneville SLE 3.8L V6

This really SUCKS!!!! It started out as mildly annoying when I noticed discoloration in the lenses. I hadn't paid much attention after that. I had one of my brake lights go out, that's when I really noticed that the lense covers are melting. The lenses now have bubbles in them from the heat and are starting to cave in getting even closer to the reverse light bulbs. I could understand if someone put halogen light bulbs in. But, these are the stock bulbs from the factory.

To buy new lense covers it would cost $344.00. Why would I want to spend that much on the damn things just to have them melt again. This is why you should by Gap Insurance to cover the difference of the vehicle loan. Then I would let the damn thing catch fire and burn to the ground.

- , Belding, MI, USA