CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

7.7

2. relacement of the catalytic converter (2 reports)
  3. replace catalytic converter (1 reports)
  4. replace head (1 reports)
  5. replace head gasket (1 reports)
2007 Pontiac G6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Jun 012011

G6 2

check engine light still on after the cam actuator codep0010 came on now p0011 comes on. transmission jerks replaced the actuator , car still jerks when shifting

- , Hagerstown, MD, USA

Jul 142010

G6

My 2007 G6 could not make it up a small hill. Replaced Catalytic Converter with only 56,400 kms

- , Peterborough, Ontario, Canada

Nov 182009

G6 GT V6

SES light comes on told needed to replace rear catalytic converter. Replaced rear catalytic converter light still comes on told needed to replace the front catalytic onverter. The problem here is that the front catalytic converter was replaced while under warranty but not the rear catalytic converter. Was told when asked why not both replaced at the same time that it was not bad and there was no reason to replace. Was told when rear was replaced and then told needed front one replaced that they typically replace both at the same time.

- , Ozark, AL, USA

Apr 152009

G6 GT V6

Took car in told them it was doing the same thing it did before making a muffler type noise was told needed to replace catalytic converter. Did not have light on at that time but when I had to have the rear catalytic converter replaced the SES light was on.

- , Ozark, AL, USA

Dec 152007

G6 Value 2.4L 4 cyl

Not sure what the hell is wrong with my G6. It has been in for repair 10+ times and check engine light still goes on and off. Too late for Lemon Law or I would send that thing back!!! The a**holes at the Pontiac dealer I take it to for repair tells me it's bad gas. They have replaced the fuel injectors, the mass airflow sensor and put a new program on the computer among several other things. Couldn't be bad gas, I put the same gas in another Pontiac I drive. GM is horrible to work with and get anything done. BUY A DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Cleves, OH, USA

Nov 072007

G6 2.4L Four

Well, since this site didn't have a way to edit my previous entry, I felt compelled to create another one (for the record).

The ultimate fix was to replace the head. There was a crack near one of the valve seats. The dealer was excellent. It took a while, but they did it right. The nature of the problem was very unusual -as a Google search verified.

Since I've got the car back, it's doing great. It has an edge that wasn't there before.

- , Conway, AR, USA

Nov 012007

G6 2.4L Four

It took (2) trips to the dealer to correct the problem. The first time the check engine light came on, I had just backed out of a parking spot. When I put the car in Drive, it banged hard. They thought the problem was a bad fuel injector for cyl #1.

The SES light came back on the way home from the shop after a bad shift from 1st to 2nd. I tried working with the car -even pulling the battery cable to clear the code, but in a short time, the SES light would come back.

I'm told that the problem is a leaking head gasket. They are ordering a new gasket with a new set of head bolts, as these bolts stretch and can't be reused. They told me that they will check the surfaces for warpage and mill them if necessary.

- , Conway, AR, USA