2009 Pontiac G6
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We are rating the 2009 Pontiac G6 as "Pretty Good", but very tentatively because of the serious problems that prior model years have.
The only real problem showing up so far with the 2009 G6 is headlights blow out more frequently than normal. The blown headlight problem seems to be due to bad connectors.
The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.
Worst 2009 G6 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- lights problems27NHTSA complaints: 135
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems12NHTSA complaints: 112
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 42
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 111
- transmission problems5
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 61
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- cooling system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 24
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 11
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac G6 Model Years
Curious how the 2009 G6 compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac G6 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the G6.