2009 Pontiac G6
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 is starting to have the same problems as previous model years, including the headlights blowing out due to bad connectors.
The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.
Worst 2009 G6 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- lights problems34NHTSA complaints: 144
- steering problems17NHTSA complaints: 130
- interior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 117
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 44
- transmission problems5
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 68
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 27
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- cooling system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 26
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac G6 Model Years
Curious how the 2009 G6 compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac G6 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the G6.