- February 14: GM Expands Power Steering Recall in Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
2009 Pontiac G6
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We are rating the 2009 Pontiac G6 as "Pretty Good", but very tentatively because of the serious problems that prior model years have.
The only real problem showing up so far with the 2009 G6 is headlights blow out more frequently than normal. The blown headlight problem seems to be due to bad connectors.
The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.
Worst 2009 G6 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- lights problems24
- interior accessories problems13
- steering problems12
- engine problems8
- electrical problems5
- transmission problems5
- suspension problems4
- AC / heater problems2
- body / paint problems2
- brakes problems2
- fuel system problems2
- exterior accessories problems1
- cooling system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1
- windows / windshield problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac G6 Model Years
Curious how the 2009 G6 compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac G6 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the G6.