- June 16: General Motors Flushes Another $420,000 Down the Drain
- June 10: Toyota Cars Still Have Explosive Air Bags
- June 3: GM Sends Recall Notices To Families of Deceased Accident Victims
- May 20: GM Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles in Four Separate Recalls
- May 15: Troubled GM Recalls 2.7 Million Vehicles After Hundreds of Complaints
2009 Pontiac G6
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We are rating the 2009 Pontiac G6 as "Pretty Good", but very tentatively because of the serious problems that prior model years have.
The only real problem showing up so far with the 2009 G6 is headlights blow out more frequently than normal. The blown headlight problem seems to be due to bad connectors.
The wiring harness connections aren't a big deal to replace, as long as your dealer or mechanic doesn't charge you an arm & a leg to "diagnose" the problem.
Worst 2009 G6 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems14NHTSA complaints: 49
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 21
- steering problems11NHTSA complaints: 21
- lights problems9NHTSA complaints: 80
- transmission problems5
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 38
- AC / heater problems2
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 17
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 10
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac G6 Model Years
Curious how the 2009 G6 compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac G6 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the G6.