NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 9 of 9) Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments (Page 9 of 9)

Jul 082010

Pontiac 2007 G6 sedan problem brake light on without brake pedal depressed, brake light goes out when brake depressed, brake light on 2 to 3 seconds after brake pedal release.

- Chipley, FL, USA

Jun 302009

I own a 2007 Pontiac G6, purchased in November 2008. After several months, I was alerted by another motorist that my vehicle's brake lights were not illuminated when I stepped on the brake but were illuminated when I was accelerating. The problem appears to be intermittent and the dealer claims to not know how to fix the problem. A recall was issued for 2005 and 2006 models (NHTSA campaign 09V036000) but not the 2007 model. This is extremely dangerous to myself and other drivers on the road.

- Bohemia, NY, USA

Aug 132009

Brake lights remain on, go off when brake pedal depressed. No tail lights.

- Coatesville, IN, USA

Jan 012010

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 and I am having the brake light issue that was recalled on the 2005 model. When I checked into it at a local dealership I was told my car did not fall under the recall because of the year. What can I do.

- Seabrook, TX, USA

Aug 172009

I was preparing to stop at a red light when I noticed the car behind me was not slowing down as much. The other car nearly hit me but managed to pull up beside me to tell me my brake lights were not working. I drove later that night and noticed in my rearview mirror that my lights were on although I was not applying the brake pedal. However, when I did apply the brakes, my lights would turn off. I have taken my car to meineke twice already and they cannot find the cause of the problem. The occurrence of this problem has been about every night that I have driven. I am unable to notice if the problem occurs during the day since I cannot see the back of my car then. I feel very unsafe driving my car because I fear someone will rear end me and it would be my fault because my brake lights do not work properly. It is very unsafe and I do not feel as if I should go pay to get it fixed when I have not done anything to cause whatever the problem may be. I have only had this car for a few months and I am worried I made the wrong choice unless I can get this problem fixed.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 092009

When we would try to shift out of park, we couldn't. then we noticed the brake lights were bright, like the brake pedal was depressed. So we depressed the brake pedal and the lights went out. Then we push on the brake pedal with alot of force and finally we shifted out of park. We followed the car down the road and the brake light was on and would turn off when the driver applied the brakes.

- Chinle, AZ, USA

Sep 012009

I almost was rear ended due to the fact my brake lights didn't work this is the third time in 2 years I've had this fixed and now the car is out of warranty im still having this same problem. What am I supposed to do its a lease that is unsafe to drive. I pay all this money to a car company and now I cant drive it.

- So. Toms River, NJ, USA