NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Jul 152016

G6

I've had several problems (4) to where my power steering will go out. I wouldn't be able to turn my steering wheel properly. I've had to get this fix multiple of times and decided to check and see if there was a recall on my vehicle for it. I don't see it so I decided to right a review about it. I hope this helps someone else not just me that fears for this to happen to them. Also, the driver (front) and brake/reverse lights has went out. I can't seem to get anyone that knows how to fix my brake/reverse lights. I've got my driver side fixed several time as well and it still tends to go out on me.

- Star Ciry, AR, USA

Aug 282016

G6

The hardtop has no power it retractable hardtop control module is bad I can't drive it it got a dic code saying top insurcure trunk insurcure.

- Decatur, AL, USA

May 022016

G6

Please assist me with a huge automobile conglomerate. Even the assist of the executive dept. Could not help meplease read what I wrote to the executive officer of GM I own a 2007 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible I purchased it in January 2016. About a month ago, I tried to put the top down itsmechanism caused a malfunction and broke the part number 25887153 away. I immediately contacted the dealer @ GM of vacaville, ca. The dealership told me, ┐this part is no longer available┐, a week later. Needless to say they have had my vehicle for 3 weeks. I have incurred $ 1400. In auto rental fees. They have attempted a mass search for the part as did I, to no avail. I have talked with more than 20 Pontiac/GM dealers around the U.S. they all state; "we have been told by GM to say - the part no longer exist and is not available" I was always told: "by law an auto manufacture must make replacement parts available for up to 10 years. The parts manufacture, karmann made the part for GM. They may have the part in their warehouse. But, according to their employee, GM will not give their permission to sell it - even to a GM dealer. The worst thing is: I have been in contact with over 25 parts dealers and they all have said: "you are one of hundreds of calls we are getting about this same problem".. I am a single hardworking mother who was finally able to purchase herself a dream vehicle, only to have this happen with no resolution in sight. Please assist me to get the part, or buy back the vehicle and return my incurred costs of $13,500.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Dec 242015

G6

When I turn my dim lights on from bright they all go completely out for a brief second,2 times on country road N once on the highway, in motion on straight rd very scary, lots of complaints about this..also leakin oil N noone seems to know where, N, , the light says im always in drive even when in park or rever, please help me get a recall on this problem, and oil leak for about 8 mths

- Nelsonville, OH, USA

Dec 012015

G6

Car smells like gas when driving and when parked. It also smells like gas when it's off.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Jul 072015

G6

The sensors in my vehicle doesn't work! I always get a service alarm saying check passenger air bag the passenger seatbelt indicator comes on when there's a passenger thereand the seatbelt is on. Also mysteering wheel is crazy, my signals doesn't work well becausemy steering wheel stays at a 90░ angle after having an alignment. There are plenty of people I haveheard has these problems. In the incident of an accident, death, etc. Ibelieve thecompany should be held liable. One day I was told there was a recall on my vehicle for the seatbelt and airbag problem, by a Pontiac dealership, now no one know what I'm talking about. I believe this should be a recall as it can result in severe injury and especially death.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 162014

G6

After coming to a complete stop - when I begin to accelerate the car does not want to move - then I have to let off the gas and try again it will slowly move and then jerk. It does a hardshift and will do this at random times- no matter if I have driven 0 or 10 or 100 miles. Sometimes it will hardshift when I first leave in the morning and sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it hardshifts mid day - but it is always after a complete stop. If I use the tap shift then it does not do this. Others have been recalled for transmission problems exactly of this nature - but I do not see my specific VIN listed with a recall for this - I know 1 other person with this same car and they also have the same problem. Campaign# 14V224000 - recall # 14152.my make, model and year are listed & I have owned my car since August 2013 and have never received anything regarding this recall. When I search my VIN this recall does not show up but there is obviously an issue -

- Galveston, IN, USA

Oct 102013

G6

Engine began running rough. Car does not start easy. A few weeks later a timing chain broke

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 032014

G6 6-cyl

My son was driving at 5 pm in stop and go traffic. He had been cut off by a driver who then slammed on their brakes. (out of town driver) when the car ahead of him stopped my son was driving at approx 30 miles per hour. My son slammed on his brakes with two car lengths ahead of him and the G6 rear ended the car ahead of him. When I was contacted my son reported the car panic brake assist feature did not seem to work. He indicated the car was not stopping despite his hard braking. We have had new brakes installed on this car in February 2014. My concern: A GM recall 13036 was issued and parts were unavailable.to correct this panic assist braking features. The accident took place on 9/3/14 and I received a letter on 9/5/14 indicating parts to correct this were available. My son has never had a traffic citation or warning and is now considered responsible for the accident. Most likely the car has been totaled.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Jul 182013

G6 6-cyl

Returned to car, after leaving the gym, car would not start making loud noise when attempting to start. Triple aaa came attempted to charge battery then change battery still not starting so it was towed to dealer. Dealer reported could not get engine to go forward or backwards questioned if warning lights came on or any leaks which there were none, informed I would need new engine and decided to go forward with that. Rebuilt engine put in vehicle, dealer then informed me that car had loss of power no acceleration that the catalytic converter is bad and needs to be replaced, but is under warranty by GM. Now I'm upset that theres been a known problem with the catalytic converter, I was not notified and it cost me an engine.

- Union Beach, NJ, USA

Jan 032013

G6

I hate my G6!!!! I am so disappointed and will never buy a Pontiac of GM car again. First of all my power steering goes out everytime it rains causing me to have to stop my car in the middle of the road and nearly get into a serious injury accident. Next, my passenger head light has been replaced at least 20 times ive had the entire head light itself replaced ive had wiring replaced and it wont seem to last for more than a month or two... my radio stays on sometimes after I have shut my car off and taken my key out and opened my door, what the heck! and lve had some weird clicking noise I have no idea what it is. And lastly, now everytime I turn on my car my trunk opens up!?! ughhhh!!!!!!!!!

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jan 012013

G6

When the car is at a speed of approximately 40mph and the brakes are pressed the steering wheel shakes. The steering wheel is also making a clicking noise when it's turned from left to right. Also I noticed that the brake lights are staying on when I'm driving the car and then shuts off after the brakes are applied (for example at a traffic light) the brake lights are then back on again after driving off. In addition I have contacted the service part of GM regarding the remote start which was installed before I bought the car. The remote start has had problems since purchase and I have gone back numerous times for them to fix it, to no avail. The car starts, then shuts off. After the key is applied to start the car, which it does, when the brakes are applied there is a grinding noise to put the car into gear. If the car is started without the remote start the grinding noise is not there when the car is put into gear.

- Long Beach, NY, USA

May 312011

G6 6-cyl

I have a 2007 G6 with 75,000 miles on it and every-time I try to back or pull out on a parking lot or turn my car stalls out and their is no check engine light on I have almost been hit several times because it stalls out in the middle of intersections and when I am turning I also have a problem with the break lights staying on when I am driving I have almost been rear-ended a few times because of this. I also notice that the car will kick into gear and jerk itself without warning these are all very serious issues and make me terrified to drive my car so I went to my local GM dealer and they said that their are no recalls for my car but they can run a diagnostic test for $118 and I would have to pay for any repairs that need to be made because the warranty was up in 2010 which is ridiculous GM should recall these death-traps before someone is killed or seriously injured.

- Wilmington, NC, USA