NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

May 222015

I have had many recall problems and the dealer will not fix them

- Greenwood, MS, USA

Jun 012014

We always wear seatbelts.both front seatbelts click when fastened but red seatbelt icon on dash still goes off.even if I am only one in car...still goes off.stationary and again while driving on roads...streets..highways...interstates...anywhere we go..everytime.

- Houma, LA, USA

Nov 162013

G6 6-cyl

I was parked in a parking lot and my air bag light came on and it flashes check air bags. And my seat belts won't extend to buckle. Also, under my hood it starts to smoke and there's no leak or anything.

- Powell, OH, USA

Sep 152010

TL- the contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that there had been multiple failures with the repairs from the authorized dealer and that the vehicle was sold with a damaged tire. A bolt was in the rear drivers side tire at the time the vehicle was purchased, there was a cracked rim on the front drivers side and the power steering pump failed intermittently. The contact waited two weeks for an inspection of the vehicle to no avail. The contact drove the vehicle from the authorized dealer with the bolt still in the tire. The vehicle was diagnosed by an authorized dealer to replace the power steering pump which was repaired and the failure recurred. The contact had the power steering pump replaced twice by an independent mechanic and the failure recurred. The sunroof had a leaked intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer who stated the sunroof was repaired and upon inspection by another dealer it was found that there was no lining on the sunroof and a wrench was stuck in the top of the sunroof framing. The leak had damaged the electrical function of the front drivers seat and extensive mold was on all of the seatbelts. The manufacturer was notified of the failures and indicated that the contact was to be included in recalls that have not been sent out. The manufacturer was not able to confirm when the notices would be sent. The multiple failures have not been repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000. Dyd

- Coventry, RI, USA

Jan 062014

G6 6-cyl

While I was driving down road which I had my cruise control, cruise control turned off by itself. Found out that my brakes are staying on and not turning off. They have been staying on or they turn on when I hit gas and turn off when I hit the brake. This has been happening for months!!!!!!!!!!!

- Rosedale, IN, USA

May 212013

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that the driver fell asleep while traveling 80. The driver and crashed into a metal culvert. The vehicle then rolled until crashing into a pole. The air bags failed to deploy. The seat belt also failed and became disengaged from around the driver. The driver was injured and sustained two fractured vertebrae, broken bones in the left leg, a head concussion and other head injuries, chest contusions, back contusions and several lacerations. The vehicle was destroyed and was not inspected for the cause of the air bag and seat belt failure. A police report was not filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the incident. The failure and current mileage was 118,000.

- Malvern , AR, USA

Dec 072010

G6 6-cyl

The driver seat belt buckle will not register that the seat belt is locked in place. This causes the light on the dash to constantly be on and the beeping sound to continue. The seat belt buckle has to be completely replaced to register it is locked into place for safety. I am having it replaced at my expense for my safety and yes the part will be available.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 312008

On October 31,2008 I was in an automobile accident where I was going approximately 30 mph when I hit someone straight on from behind. My airbag did not deploy, nor did my seat belt lock up. I was taken to the hospital where I was told I had a minor concussion, and neck and shoulder sprain. My head hit the steering wheel twice.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jan 252007

Passenger window has extremely bad whistle road noise. I have reported this to the dealer 4 times! they cannot seem to fix this issue. As a result, it has rained inside of my vehicle causing both seatbelts to mildew. The dealer has replaced both seatbelts. Also, the brakes have squealed since I bought the car brand new in 2007! the dealer cannot seem to get this taken care of either.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

Jan 172007

G6 6-cyl

Vehicle leak on both driver and passenger side of vehicle. After car is rained on or washed, when the seatbelts are used, they are wet with a large amount of moisture. This has been reported 2 times to the local dealership where it was purchased and they have not responded to schedule an appointment.

- Bainbridge, GA, USA