- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
Clunk Or Snapping Noise From Steering
2007 Pontiac G6 (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 41,579 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 36 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (15 reports)
- replace the steering shaft (11 reports)
- greased the steering bar (5 reports)
- new faulty steering-box and more lube on the steering shaft (2 reports)
- replaced rack (2 reports)
- replace ball joint (1 reports)