NHTSA — Wheels Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Oct 022016

I bought this car brand new. It is a Pontiac G 6 GT convertible with an optional gtp high output engine and drivetrain. This is a top of the line vehicle with all options. Since new, the vehicle does not steer well. It lurches unexpectedly from side to side when going around turns or just straight ahead. It has been very well taken care of and only has 28,000 miles on it as of today. It is still in the 36,000 mile GM warranty period. There has been a snapping/popping noise in the steering wheel/column since new when you turn the steering wheel from side to side, sitting still or driving. The steering feels very unstable. Recently the vehicle started constantly pulling to the right. If I let off the steering wheel it will drive off the road. The steering wheel shakes back and forth and the steering feels loose and bumpy. The entire steering system needs to be replaced from the steering wheel to the wheels. This steering is electric. The parts are very expensive. The rack and pinion is also making noise and bumpy, needs replacement. The wheels appear out of alignment and the tires appear to be wearing on the outside edges. This is basically a brand new vehicle. It has been kept in a garage in Florida. No rust. Looks and drives new. Except for the electric steering system. This is a known problem with these vehicles. Internet search and dealer phone call confirmed that. GM has several recalls and extended warranties for this, but my car does not qualify. The steering system is maintenance free. There is nothing the customer can do. The steering column sensor ring is defective also. The upper steering column needs to be replaced also. This could cost well over a $1500 just for parts. This vehicle is unsafe to drive. It steers it self. The traction control seems defective and unreliable also.

- Carleton, MI, USA

Jul 082015

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. While driving at various speeds, the steering became difficult to turn without warning. The contact also stated that oil was leaking under the vehicle when parked and there was an abnormal noise in the front passenger wheel. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Desoto, TX, USA

Aug 022015

I do not remember the date or mileage but my car has many problems. The traction light came on, it says traction off. It affects the steering, breaks, it causes fishtailing. I bought this car for safety! the company should replace it or give the owners new cars or a discount on a new vehicle. I am having the traction sensors replaced costing me $400. I was told the timing chain needs to be replaced as well! I was also told it could be a recall but they are trying to charge me $1200 to change it! what do I do? its not my fault it was made with faulty parts

- Lakemont, GA, USA

Mar 242015

I am the 2nd owner to a G6 have noticed since about a month or so after purchasing vehicle that when turning at slow speeds there is a clanking/banging noise. Have noticed several others mention of this same issue. Now it shows obvious recall for the U joint for this vehicle, yet both dealerships and Pontiac are only saying it is VIN specific which to me is a crock of (you fill in). There is obviously a problem with this yet they want to do nothing. Guess major accidents or death must need to result in order for them to fix the issue. Also at just any random time the airbag warning will just pop up on my dashboard. Vehicle has been in no accidents, so there should be no reason to that just randomly "poppign up" I will be making formal complaints to BBB and national safety website. If you post a recall for a vehicle, it is not VIN specific as they are all using the same parts. Come on GM we are not idiots here!!!!!

- Cochranville, PA, USA

Apr 092014

I was driving and my power steering light came on and I lost power steering. I almost bit a car and went in the ditch. I am being told by GM that it's not covered because I have 2007 G6.

- Midland, MI, USA

Sep 102012

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac G6. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph the steering began to pull the vehicle left and right. In addition while parked and trying to restart the engine it would not start. The contact had to wait an hour for the vehicle to start. In addition, the lug nuts have been bending and coming off of the wheels. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included on any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000 and the current mileage was 96,818.

- Watertown , NY, USA