NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Unfortunately the 2008 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model years.

2008 Pontiac G6 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Pontiac G6:

2008 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Apr 012016

G6

Rear drivers side door lock will not unlock from inside; can't open the door. Car is stationary,

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

May 112016

G6

On 05/11/16 at approximately 5:49 pm, this 2008 Pontiac G6, while traveling in a forward direction on a public road and in dry surface conditions, moderate temperatures, was brought to a rapid stop due to changing traffic conditions. The driver was restrained via the seat belt. Four seconds later, this 2008 Pontiac G6 was struck in the rear by a 2005 Pontiac vehicle traveling at moderate speed and possible driver inattention. Significant rear, frontal, underside and side areas of both vehicles were damaged. Both vehicles were not drivable and were towed from the accident scene to a secure lot. The 2008 Pontiac G6 airbags did not inflate upon impact or thereafter. The 2005 Pontiac airbags(2) did inflate and also suffered a passenger side broken front windshield. The occupants and one canine in one and or both vehicles did suffer unknown injuries. The 2008 Pontiac G6 had beed serviced up to and including within one year by a GM dealership for various recalls and over the history of the vehicle.

- Sinking Spring, PA, USA

May 182015

G6

I was driving at 70 mph on northbound I-75 when I heard what sounded like an explosion and realized that the glass from my sunroof was in my lap. I realize glass can break but it shouldn't be in my lap at 70 mph! I was lucky to have kept my composure, safely exited the highway and drove straight to the dealership.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Dec 192014

G6

I own a 4 door sedan G6 with power door locks - the left rear power door lock has quit causing me to have to reach across the seat to lock / unlock the door = not ideal in case of an accident. My intermediate steering shaft is clicking and grinding inside the column and the headlight wiring harness continues to melt causing the headlight to go dim = all of these safety and fire hazards need recall.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Jul 012013

G6 6-cyl

My 2008 Pontiac G6 has leaked water since the day I bought it; however, I did not know how bad it was. Finally, the water leaking in ruined an electrical component - the accelerator pedal position (app) sensor. Upon investigation I found black mold all over on the inside of my car (under the carpet). Finally, GM decided to fix the leak, plus clean my carpet. Unfortunately, within 8 months it was leaking again and black mold is all over under the carpet. I worked with GM and the dealership for months; they took a very lazy approach to my situation and did not seem to care. You can actually smell mold when you get in my car. During this timeframe I have become ill and have had many (a lot of) symptoms associated with black mold exposure. General Motors is fully aware of the health concerns, but they don't really care. Clearly this is not a freak occurrence.. another complaint I found on this website from someone else: "the contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. While parked, the contact noticed a large accumulation of water on the front passenger's side floorboard. The failure recurred after rainy weather conditions. In addition, there was mold under the front and rear passenger's side carpet. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the air conditioner was repaired. The problem recurred two times and the air conditioner was repaired each time. The contact had concerns of the health issues related to the mold. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The failure mileage and VIN were unavailable."

- West Lafayette, IN, USA

Dec 312013

G6

I was driving on ice when my Pontiac G-6 front wheel drive started sliding to the left from back to front and flipped end over end and then rolled 2 more times and landed on the passengers side door the airbags did not deploy and the drivers seat belt did not lock up. I able to easily unfastened the seat belt on the drivers side of the car which was around me.

- Plattsburgh, NY, USA

Sep 012013

G6

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6 convertible. The contact stated that while opening the convertible top, the plastic hinges fractured. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 50,240.

- Sacramento , CA, USA

Dec 292010

G6

I bought this vehicle used around 07/15/2009 with 19000 mi. Around 58000 mi in 12/2010, driver side rear door lock actuator started to lock/unlock 50% of the time. Around 65000 mi in 06/15/2011, driver side rear door lock actuator locks/unlocks 10% of the time and passenger side rear door lock actuator locks/unlocks 50% of the time. Now at 83000 mi in 10/2012, driver side rear door lock actuator locks/unlocks 1% of the time and passenger side rear door lock actuator locks/unlocks 10% of the time. This is a safety/security issue: If the doors do not lock when the vehicle is placed into gear, the structural integrity may be compromised in the event of a crash. Small children may be prone to injury/death. If the doors do not lock when exiting the vehicle, the vehicle and its contents are vulnerable to theft/vandalism.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jul 262011

G6

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac G6. While parked, the contact noticed a large accumulation of water on the front passenger's side floorboard. The failure recurred after rainy weather conditions. In addition, there was mold under the front and rear passenger's side carpet. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the air conditioner was repaired. The problem recurred two times and the air conditioner was repaired each time. The contact had concerns of the health issues related to the mold. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The failure mileage and VIN were unavailable.

- Starkville, MS, USA