NHTSA — Service Brakes, Electric Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2008 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model years.

2008 Pontiac G6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Pontiac G6:

2008 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Sep 152010

G6 4-cyl

Brake lights work sporadically, they stay on when brake pedal not pushed, and go off when brake pedal is pushed. Pontiac has recalled, but only according to VIN number. Of course they say my VIN isn't in recall.

- Goodlettsville , TN, USA

Jan 012009

My 2008 Pontiac G6 cruise control works intermittently for the past year. I use it when it works and keep it off when it does not want to engage. In the past months, my brake lights stay on when the brakes are not engaged; once I engage the brakes, the lights go out completely. This issue is intermittent as well.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Aug 072010

Brake lights come on and stay on when no pedal pressure is applied in park and while driving and turn off when light to moderate pressure is applied. Brake lights light back up when heavy pressure is applied. I searched online and it seems to be a recurring issue with my make and model. All sites/forums/and ase certified mechanic postings on numerous websites say that the brake control module needs to be replaced and/or re-calibrated. Any way a recall can be issued to fix this issue? I have not been involved in any type of accident and brakes seem to function properly, but there were numerous complaints of drivers receiving traffic tickets.

- Leeds, AL, USA

Jan 232008

Front brakes have been turned 3 times since 12,000 miles and rear turned once and the rotors replaced. Car shakes and shimmies with braking, dealer acts as if not an issue.

- Conneaut, OH, USA

Nov 162008

It started when I was having problems with my cruise control not turning on. I was then pulled over by a state policemen who explained that my brake lights were stuck on; he had me stop the car and re-start and he then followed me for another mile. Again the brake lights stuck on. He escorted me to the nearest dealer and instructed me to leave the car to be fixed. I then scheduled an appt. With the dealer and after looking into the problem, they replaced the brake sensor. It worked out fine for 3 weeks-as of this afternoon the brake lights are now staying on again. The police officer told me that I was not allowed to drive the vehicle without the hazard lights if this continues; so how can we fix this brake problem?

- Muskegon, MI, USA